News:

• May 09, 2024, 01:15:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ringmaster wing measurements needed?  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Ringmaster wing measurements needed?
« on: August 18, 2012, 09:20:01 AM »
I need the measurements for the larger Ringmaster wing.

I'm not sure of the Ringmaster's spans offered, but I'm looking for a wing around 48" in span.

I would like to know the following,

Span
root cord
tip cord

Thanks in advance.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Dalton Hammett

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Ringmaster wing measurements needed?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 12:35:04 PM »
Hello, I see no one has given you any answers as yet so I can likely give you some.   I don't know the cords but the standard ringmaster profile as well as the Super Ringmaster were 42" spans I believe.   There was a Ringmaster Imperial that spanned about 52" (Walter Umland offered a kit for this one)  and I have a couple of Ringmaster Sportster kits which have a span of 38".

If you are looking for about 48",  the closest I know of is the Ringmaster Delux 441 offered by PDK.  It's not one of the original Ringmasters but does have similar features and Pat King does put out some nice kits.

Hope this helps a little./

Dalton H.
Dalton Hammett  
Albion, Pa.
Bean Hill Flyers
AMA  29918

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 02:35:22 PM »
I don't know of any that are 48" but Pat Johnston's Ringmaster 526 is close. It is 49 7/16" span and 9 1/2" tip with 11 3/4" root. This is a flapped model and the root dimension includes the flap. Pat might sell you a set of ribs since he sells a laser cut short kit for the 526.
John Cralley
Scratch Built - Often Re-kitted!!!
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 07:24:58 AM »
If I wasn't so lazy, I would send a three view and let you blow it up to the size you want.   But, then again if you do a search of Pat King's site you might find one you can use.   Of course get permission first.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 09:06:38 AM »
I need the measurements for the larger Ringmaster wing.

I'm not sure of the Ringmaster's spans offered, but I'm looking for a wing around 48" in span.

I would like to know the following,

Pat Johnstom S-1 RM GoldSpan 42"
Root chord 10 1/8", tip chord 8 1/8"[/b]
Thanks in advance.
Roger V.
Charles
Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 09:54:21 AM »
Charles,

I sent you an email with a S-1 Ringmaster plan file attached. Just get a copy service to print it enlarged enough to give you a 48" wing. The plan has all the ribs and parts shown. Pat King kindly converted these plans from metric and added things like a suspended bell crank and weight box etc. -- so feel free to thank him for his efforts.

If anyone else wants a public domain Ringmaster S-1 plan file (PDF format) that prints out a full sized plan (when printed at 100%) just email me and I will attach the file to my reply.

Hey, I'll try to attach the plans file and an informational Fly-A-Thon flyer file to this post and then everyone can download them.  H^^
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 10:53:30 AM »
Charles,I sent you an email with a S-1 Ringmaster plan file attached. Just get a copy service to print it enlarged enough to give you a 48" wing. The plan has all the ribs and parts shown. Pat King kindly converted these plans from metric and added things like a suspended bell crank and weight box etc. -- so feel free to thank him for his efforts.

John,

Thanks for the reply.

I'll check my email for that file.

Yes, I'm talking with Pat King. I believe he will have what I need. Remember, my interest is only the wing.

Thanks,

Charles
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline John Cralley

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 02:28:07 PM »
Ah Charles,

If it is a Ringmaster wing you are going to use in a different model, you probably do NOT want an S-1 wing. The Ringmaster S-1 wing (pollywog ribs) is not the greatest airfoil and Pat King or Pat Johnston can probably fix you up with a better airfoil. Still if you are planning on using the wing structure the plans file will have the full sized (or larger if you scale it up) wing structure and you can just substitute different airfoil ribs to get better flying model.
John Cralley
AMA 52183
Central Illinois

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 04:55:40 PM »
Ah Charles,If it is a Ringmaster wing you are going to use in a different model, you probably do NOT want an S-1 wing. The Ringmaster S-1 wing (pollywog ribs) is not the greatest airfoil and Pat King or Pat Johnston can probably fix you up with a better airfoil. Still if you are planning on using the wing structure the plans file will have the full sized (or larger if you scale it up) wing structure and you can just substitute different airfoil ribs to get better flying model.

John,

Yes, I have absolutely no interest in "tadpole" as I call them airfoils. I also don't like making wings.

Pat has a couple of wings, one being the 45" with 441 sqs. It could work, I could add a few ribs at the tip. Done that before.

Thanks for the reply!

Charles

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here