News:

• April 27, 2024, 06:46:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Reno Air Races  (Read 672 times)

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Shorts,David

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Reno Air Races
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 05:28:54 PM »
Id probably make Pueblo or Roswell. Casper would be too far for me. The only airraces I've missed in 49 years were the two times it was cancelled for Galloping Ghost and 9-11.

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 06:26:34 PM »
For that reason and others, I suspect Casper is a long shot.  But this area has a pretty good history in aviation.  I'm betting on Pueblo ...

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 06:36:50 PM »
 Casper would seem appropriate, since RARA has spent years eroding the Unlimited class into a ghost of what it once was.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 09:09:38 PM »
Casper would seem appropriate, since RARA has spent years eroding the Unlimited class into a ghost of what it once was.

Good one Wayne!
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 09:48:16 PM »
Good one Wayne!

Thanks Crist, I wish I was kidding.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2024, 05:07:37 PM »
A couple I worked with (him & her type) before I retired used to go to the air races "at Reno" and were there and almost got hit when the GG crashed. I should ask if they still go or not. I've already seen airplanes crash doing airshows, and I'm not all that keen on seeing more. First was when I was in 5th grade at Maxwell AFB. A Thunderbird crashed...straight wing F-84, as I recall. I did some online research not long ago, to see if the pilot died or not, and was relieved to find that he didn't. I've seen enough sketchy demonstrations at airshows, though I don't mind seeing lots of high-speed flyby's, with the white Bardahl P-51 at Sand Point NAS being my favorite. Mira Slovak was flying it, and it RIPPED!  :) Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here