News:

• April 27, 2024, 07:59:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Poly span  (Read 483 times)

Offline Donald Main

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Poly span
« on: March 05, 2024, 10:59:55 AM »
Does anyone have the product code or number for poly span? It's a Pellon product and I am trying to find it at the fabric store. A p44 is close but not the same. Thanks for any help.

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Poly span
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 11:02:49 AM »
Does anyone have the product code or number for poly span? It's a Pellon product and I am trying to find it at the fabric store. A p44 is close but not the same. Thanks for any help.

I don't have it in front of me, but search on the forums here. it has been discussed before. The JoAnn Fabric store near me does not carry all  of the different Pellon products. Its also a generic term for "foundation" or "underlayment." I did some internet research a few years ago but don't remember what I found.
   Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Miotch

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 12:39:28 PM »
This post mentions Pellon P45JAS as being similar:

https://stunthanger.com/smf/open-forum/teabag-paper/msg664881/#msg664881

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 03:22:57 PM »
This post mentions Pellon P45JAS as being similar:

https://stunthanger.com/smf/open-forum/teabag-paper/msg664881/#msg664881

That is one thread of several over the years. the term 'interfacing" is one I couldn't remember earlier. The tea bag material being sold here recently is just that, an interfacing material, as it's source was a quilting supply company in England. I was trying to find a source in this country at the time without much success. Interfacing material comes in a myriad weights and weaves. The polyspan is such a material. As a comparison, SIG Koveral is an interfacing material, I believe. It came into being when quarter scale models started to proliferate and people discovered that you could use lightweight polyester dress lining material, or 'interfacing" to cover those models with. It can be ironed on, and heat shrunk and then finished with traditional dope. Some interfacing is so light it is designed to dissolve after the garment is made and all sewn up! It would be nice to really pin a number down.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here