News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:41:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Plans for Dick Sarpolus's Challenger  (Read 836 times)

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Plans for Dick Sarpolus's Challenger
« on: February 19, 2024, 02:29:36 PM »
I know sellers on Ebay have this plan, but I do not like buying there.  Does anyone have a full size copy of the Challenger they could part with?  Please message me if you do.

Thanks you

Mike

Offline Bill Schluckbier

• Ensign
Re: Plans for Dick Sarpolus's Challenger
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 02:45:00 PM »
I believe that you can still get them from the Flying Models webstore as well.

Offline Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2024, 03:13:50 PM »
I've built 3 great flying plane, one I used ribs from a Brodak profile Cardinal, that one flew the best.
https://store.flying-models.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=98  y1
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Gary Mondry

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 06:35:21 PM »
Outerzone has it for download.
AMA 10663

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 07:00:06 PM »
Thank you all for your replies.  The reason I do not want a PDF is because where I live, I have had miserable experiences with trying to have the plan blown up from the PDF to the proper size.  I cannot find anyone in the area that can do it properly, that is the reason I am asking for a full size plan. 

Thank you all.

Mike

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024, 09:29:49 AM »
Hi Mike!  I’ve used Dennis “HemiKiller” (plansplotter at yahoo dot com) from RC Groups in the past.  $10 for the first 3’ x 10’ then 45˘/sqft after that.  He’s not just a guy who hits the < Print > button, he can scan in a plan then replace the airfoil with your choice, print on vellum/mylar, etc.

He used to run an ad every week or so.  His last ad was Nov 23rd, 2023.  So either he got tired of posting them, or was told to post less often, or we’ve missed the boat.  There was another guy who advertised the same thing, I didn’t find him in my first search but I’m still looking.

$10 plus shipping for a brand new copy (or 2) is pretty good these days.

Yes, guys used to just send him a URL to Outerzone, then receive the plan in the mail.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?4229189-Large-Format-plan-printing-and-enlarging

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2024, 09:49:50 AM »
Here’s the other guy who advertised he would print plans: RCG user SavageX89.  $1.05 per linear foot for any length, and $5 shipping (folded?).

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?4452777-PLANS-PLANS-PLANS%21%21%21-Printing-Service

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2024, 02:22:25 PM »
Here’s the other guy who advertised he would print plans: RCG user SavageX89.  $1.05 per linear foot for any length, and $5 shipping (folded?).

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?4452777-PLANS-PLANS-PLANS%21%21%21-Printing-Service

Thank you Paul.  I really appreciate it.

Mike

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2024, 05:05:22 PM »
I think I have that if you are still looking for it.
Steve

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2024, 05:29:39 PM »
I think I have that if you are still looking for it.

Hi Steve, yes I am and I will send you a PM

Thank you,
Mike

Offline Marty Hammersmith

• 24 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2024, 03:29:54 PM »
I know sellers on Ebay have this plan, but I do not like buying there.  Does anyone have a full size copy of the Challenger they could part with?  Please message me if you do.

Thanks you

Mike

Hi Mike,

I finally have the handle on how you print oversize plans at Staples and it's super simple. Take the file from Outerzone to Staples in person and simply tell them to print full size. I do happen to know that the file from Outerzone is properly formatted. I was able to ask for and received a 90% print as I didn't want an airplane quite that big at the time as the full size Challenger. So, if none of these other options don't work out, download the file, copy to a USB memory stick, stop by Staples and ask them to print it full size.
Marty Hammersmith
AMA 6568

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2024, 07:45:58 PM »
Hi Mike,

I finally have the handle on how you print oversize plans at Staples and it's super simple. Take the file from Outerzone to Staples in person and simply tell them to print full size. I do happen to know that the file from Outerzone is properly formatted. I was able to ask for and received a 90% print as I didn't want an airplane quite that big at the time as the full size Challenger. So, if none of these other options don't work out, download the file, copy to a USB memory stick, stop by Staples and ask them to print it full size.

Thank you Marty but the problem is that there are no Staples stores in the state or Louisiana.

Mike

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here