News:

• May 09, 2024, 04:46:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pilot/Flying Clinic  (Read 1135 times)

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Pilot/Flying Clinic
« on: April 18, 2007, 09:48:41 AM »
Everyone,
We are going to have a piloting/flying clinic in the near future and I am looking for input on what has worked well in past events and what feedback for the pilots has been the most useful. Things like side judges for hitting vertical, standard judges for overall pattern and perhaps a pilot judge to provide input on pilot position are things that I have in mind so far. Anything else that others can think of to get the most use out of the people and the most useful input for the people that attend the event?
Thanks,
John
John Paris

Offline Garf

• Admiral
    • Hangar Flying
Re: Pilot/Flying Clinic
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 11:42:21 AM »
What part of the country will this be in?

Offline Peter Nevai

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
    • C3EL
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 04:51:46 PM »
One of the first things you have to do is decide what level flyers the clinic will be focused at. Yes you need to target a specific skill group or you will not have the resources to be most effective is it is open to all skill levels, unless you plan on having it over multiple days.
Words Spoken by the first human to set foot on Mars... "Now What?"

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 06:43:07 PM »
The event will be held in Flint, Michigan and is open to everyone.  I am guessing that there will be a decent split of flyers from the Intermediate to Expert level.  There may even be a few Beginners that will show up.  While it would be nice to have a concentrated effort for each of the levels, it is a bit early in the year for us in the North to be into the full swing of things.  It is my hope that we can walk away from this one with the cobwebs cleared out and an idea of what areas can be focused on over the next month or so before we have another chance to get together.

Please keep the ideas coming.
John
John Paris

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 07:30:31 AM »
Dallas does this every year in the fall, haven't been able to attend one in a couple years but the one I did make was great. It's basically a free for all, anyone that needs help or has a trim issue can grab one of the experts and go at it. They hold the clinic on Saturday and have a contest on Sunday. Sunday is to put into practice what you learned on Saturday. Sure hope I can start making this one of my regular outings...

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 02:37:42 PM »
One of the first things you have to do is decide what level flyers the clinic will be focused at. Yes you need to target a specific skill group or you will not have the resources to be most effective is it is open to all skill levels, unless you plan on having it over multiple days.

I think the larger group will be intermediate and advance flyers. We'll have 4 experts. I'm thinking the experts could judge and coach the intermediate and advance flyers and then the experts could fly and get coaching from each other. Big Art will be there so he'll be able to help everyone.
Bob Branch has a good grasp on stunt and he loves to coach and is getting interested in judging so he's in the game.
Curt has been to the judges warm up sessions at the Nats so he'll be able to give some great insights.
I'm a great all around stunt expert so everyone will benefit from my input. y1
John Paris is really good with trim issues, engines, coaching and judging so he's a good all around guy to have.
Rick Sawicki has a life time of experience, he'll be a good judge. And he'll have his electric c/l planes there. So he'll have lots of info for anyone curious about ECL.
Rich Malik is a top judge for old time and classic.

I haven't named everyone who will be there. Too many. But most ( all actually) of the Michigan stunt flyers will be present and participating on May 19. It's going to be a great day.

On a personal note to John. ---- Tonite you are 85 miles away and I'm going 6 for 6. See picture below.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 03:00:42 PM by frank carlisle »
Frank Carlisle

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 06:39:28 PM »
Frank,
There will be a lot of people that can provide all types of input.  I hope that we all get a chance to learn something and have a good time.

So far we have:

Experienced flyers
Willing participants
Judging guides
A plan to help each other out

Should make for a good day.

6 for 6 eh?  You are lucky that I am not there.  For those not in the loop on this one, when Frank and I went to Sig last year we split a 6 pack in the evenings.  The score was always 4 for me and 2 for Frank.  Now I am not sure if it is because I was thirsty or if Frank was too busy bestowing his vast knowledge on the group at the motel but that is the way it played out.

John
John Paris

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2007, 07:28:50 PM »
Ahhh! THIS BUDS FOR UUUUUUU~??? BOOOOHOOOOOO~ LL~ H^^
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags: