News:

• April 26, 2024, 01:12:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PAMPA section? An explanation...  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
PAMPA section? An explanation...
« on: January 27, 2021, 09:23:15 AM »
You are all probably wondering what’s up with the new PAMPA section that Sparky has put up on the board. I’ll attempt to explain…

For the past couple of years PAMPA has had some issues in putting out a regular bi-monthly newsletter. And, PAMPA’s newsletter had become over the years an actual magazine with more pages than many of the consumer modeling magazines. For those of you who have never had any experience with producing a publication, it can be likened to a wood burning stove. Like the stove a magazine consumes a lot of material every month, and when it’s gone… it’s gone! All new material has to be generated on a deadline timeframe to put out another newsletter/magazine. Trust me, it is a monumental chore; especially when new and relevant material is not coming through the door in quantities sufficient to fill the pages.

The idea was floated to allow the newsletter to be hosted by Stunt Hangar (Sparky…) and make it into a virtual newsletter that has no specific deadline. It would in effect be an ongoing newsletter with District Director reports that could be updated daily, a President’s column that could also reflect new information immediately, Treasurer and Vice President, reports, and Editorials as required. Just who would serve as the Editor has not yet been decided, but I’m getting that old uncomfortable feeling… And, hey, if I’m asked to serve in that capacity I would certainly volunteer.

Obviously the PAMPA section is not yet populated with information, and it won’t be for a while; we need to get start-up material written, submitted and edited; we are working on that now.

It has been decided that when this section goes “live” that it will be able to be viewed by everyone (PAMPA and non-PAMPA members alike) for a period of one month, and then subsequently it will be able to be viewed by PAMPA members only.

There will be feature articles presented as well, and the hope is to be able to publish new designs for which plans will be made available. How-To articles, personality profiles, and other useful information will also be considered for publication. All submissions for the newsletter will go through the editor, and a technical review board will be established to ensure that the material presented is factual and accurate as we can make it. We also hope to be able to schedule live PAMPA webinars.

While this is going to be presented on the forum, the PAMPA section will not have an open forum discussion section; we have Stunt Hangar for that… The idea is for the members to use the chain of command and inform their District Directors of their wishes, concerns, and ideas. The Directors can then publish this information in their district report section.

I fully expect there to be a lot of “discussion” about this idea, and the normal amount of grousing about it. I also expect said grousing will come mainly from those who never actually contribute anything but criticism. Guys, we have to try something; our sport is diminishing rapidly due to the loss of participants. Sadly a lot of that is due to he old guard dying off. As you all know the past few months has seen the loss of many icons of the sport, and even more sad is the certainty that more will follow. We need to re-energize this sport or it will fade away. Each of us needs to contribute in any way we can to keep this amazing pastime alive and vibrant. There will be lots of ideas in that regard floated in the upcoming virtual newsletter…

Okay, that’s it for now. Please give us time to get this up and going. It could be a very good thing for CL Stunt.

In hopes for a bright future - Bob Hunt

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Re: PAMPA section? An explanation...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2021, 04:01:33 PM »
Well Bob, it will certainly make my life easier. And it makes sense. Any way the process can be streamlined and elements made more easily available, I'm for that.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Joseph Daly

• 2016 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2021, 04:16:12 PM »
Bobby,
This is a really great idea and opportunity! I am in as always
Thanks
Joe

Offline RogerGreene

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 05:54:10 PM »
Hi Bob,

This certainly is really a step in the right direction to keep PAMPA out in front. A virtual ongoing newsletter sounds good with articles and plans for new designs to keep stunt enthuses well informed. Count me in.

Thanks for the great idea,

Roger Greene
Fly Stunt <><
AMA 435R
USAF Veteran 1962-66 SAC
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it. FAA #FA3RFLPAN7

Offline James Mills

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2021, 08:14:33 PM »
Bob,

This is awesome, great opportunity for PAMPA. 

James
AMA 491167

Offline Robert Whitley

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2021, 10:59:29 PM »
Way to go Bob, Peter, Sparky and everyone else who brainstormed and are making this happen.

It’s a terrific example of the merits of hangout discussions.

Offline Jerry Eichten

• AMA Member
  • Lieutenant
    • Flying Lines
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2021, 11:14:23 PM »
I think this sounds great as proposed.  I like how content would flow through an editor. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 11:44:23 PM by Jerry Eichten »
AMA 7693

Offline Gordon Van Tighem

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2021, 11:18:26 PM »
 :) great, hope to participate.
Keep it simple!
G
Gord VT
MAAC 3738L, Life Member
AMA C3738L

Offline Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2021, 06:34:13 AM »
I do miss magazines, but I'll be here.  y1
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Jim Hoffman

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2021, 09:00:00 AM »
Bob,  I salute your volunteerism.  I will make contributions when it gets started. 

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2021, 12:20:41 PM »
Bobby,  knew you couldn't stay retired for long.   H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2021, 11:34:26 AM »
It has come to pass that PAMPA has to push the “cosmic reset button” and reverse its decision to put PAMPA content on the Stunt Hangar site. We have reconsidered our use of the existing PAMPA website and will be formatting a new virtual Stunt News magazine to be presented there.

I’m sorry for getting everyone’s hopes up about putting the PAMPA content here, and my apologies also go out to Robert “Sparky” Storick for making him jump through the hoops of establishing a site for PAMPA here. It was my hope that this idea could have worked out.

I will be working with Dave Trible, Chris Rud and the PAMPA board of directors to help make the PAMPA website more interactive with the PAMPA membership with the goal of preserving this nearly 50 year old organization for generations to come.

Thanks for understanding - Bob Hunt

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2021, 11:36:28 AM »
I support you, Bob. But then, you knew that.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Terry Bentley

• Ensign
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2021, 01:00:38 PM »
I support you and what the PAMPA board wants to do . Thank you Bob and Sparky for your effort in trying to make this happen I look forward to sing what the PAMPA websight is going to be .

Thank you again 

Terry

Advertise Here

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.
Tags:

Advertise Here