News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:16:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OTS Newb  (Read 502 times)

Online Motorman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
OTS Newb
« on: July 27, 2015, 10:23:18 AM »
I read somewhere you get 30 extra points if you use an ignition engine with points. Is anyone doing this? Just wondering what engines are available if this is true. I guess it's just 10 more points than a baffled engine or a diesel so maybe not worth it?

I've got 2 Webra Silverline 40's I wanted to use for something, do you think a 4oz tank would be enough for the OT pattern?

Would like to see more pics of OTS legal planes with upright engines.

Thanks,
MM

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: OTS Newb
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 10:32:12 AM »
Go to the old time section and read.   Yes guys still use ignition.  All my ignition stuff went over seas.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: OTS Newb
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 01:17:41 PM »
First and always, the rules are posted on the web.  If you can read my opinion of what the rules may be, you can read the actual rules themselves: http://pampacl.org/resources/documents/pampa-forms-rules-and-scoresheets.html.

Second, it's a 10 point bonus for a sparkie, but it can't just be any old glow engine converted to spark: it has to be a gin-ewe-wine original or an approved reproduction -- no converting an OS 46LA to spark and beating up the competition.

Mostly people run spark because they want to preserve the really old stuff -- the bonus is just a "thank you".

Third, it's not an official event, so your local contest may be different -- ask, or if you have some regional organization, check their web site.

Unless your Webras are real fuel hogs, 4oz should be enough -- the OTS pattern is shorter than the current AMA pattern.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here