News:

• May 01, 2024, 10:08:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OK Which one of you West Coast guys did this?  (Read 5441 times)

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
OK Which one of you West Coast guys did this?
« on: November 10, 2010, 04:40:46 AM »
Missile or Model Rocket...

Offline Joe Mig

• Lieutenant
Re: OK Which one of you West Coast guys did this?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 04:57:16 AM »
Well if you ask me it was ether the U.S.Military and they are not saying like when the shot down TWA flight 800 or Al-Qaeda with a big miss not knowing how to guide that thing.  f~
The question is were did it end up ?   %^

Offline Douglas Ames

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 04:59:51 AM »
Chinese Sub Missile - Letting Obama know their labor pool is cheaper than India's. :X  
...or someone didn't pull test their pulse jet!  LL~
AMA 656546

If you do a little bit every day it will get done, or you can do it tomorrow.

Offline Bob Whitely

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 05:09:58 AM »
My last profession allowed me to see sights like this more than once.  When weather
conditions allowed one could see contrails of departing aircraft for many miles. They do
indeed look for all the world like a missile launch but are in fact jet departures, usually
out of LAX heading overseas, think Hawaii, and really show up at or near sunset.  Just
a gorgeous mix of ice crystals reflecting setting sunlight as the craft climbs to cruising
altitude.  Enjoy the pics.   RJ

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 07:49:04 AM »
Maybe Brett was playing with some Sekrit project?

There is no high power model rocket that would look even remotely like that...!
Steve

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 08:10:06 AM »
My last profession allowed me to see sights like this more than once.  When weather
conditions allowed one could see contrails of departing aircraft for many miles. They do
indeed look for all the world like a missile launch but are in fact jet departures, usually
out of LAX heading overseas, think Hawaii, and really show up at or near sunset.  Just
a gorgeous mix of ice crystals reflecting setting sunlight as the craft climbs to cruising

If that's a jet departure it must say either Atlantis or Columbia on the nose. ;D
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Larry Fernandez

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 08:42:22 AM »

I normally will not disagree with Alpha Dog, but that plume is mighty vertical for a commercial aircraft. Poor passengers would be pinned pretty good to their seats.

I think Bob is covering up for Brett here. (said with tongue in cheek)

Larry, Buttafucco Stunt Team

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 09:02:44 AM »
While at the fun fly at Springfield MISSOURI, I looked to the west and seen what looked like a rocket launch.  Took quite a few minutes for it to get overhead.  Must be the angle it is going up and the direction.  Doing crossing duty I have a good view of planes at altitude  flying across.  What is fun is the ones that look like they are getting ready for tic-tac-toe game.   Also I guess a lot has to do with the upper atmosphere.H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline jim gilmore

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 09:21:03 AM »
Ok so where did you see it. I've seen many in northern ca, near visalia ... ok i can't spell it.

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2010, 10:53:16 AM »
Our newspaper reports that the military authorities are saying it is simply a commercial jet plane.  Well, you can't argue with the military, because they just KNOW!

Floyd
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2010, 11:16:13 AM »
Hey Larry
If you think a modern U.S. jet can't take a ballistic path you have never seen an F-15 with both afterburners lit going straight up.  Most fighters since the F4 Fantom have had a greater than 1 to 1 power to weight ration.  I remember seeing F-4's with no weapons on board go straight up on takeoff and fly that way until our of sight.  Trust me a military fighter can follow a ballistic path no problem... y1
Andy
Andrew B. Borgogna

Offline Bill Heher

• Fix-it
  • 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
  • I may not always BOM- but I do the re-builds!
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 11:20:42 AM »
If that's a jet departure it must say either Atlantis or Columbia on the nose. ;D

Not Columbia or Atlantis -  Discovery, Endeavour, Atlantis are the remaining orbiters, Atlantis is retired, Discovery is on the pad now and Endeavour is scheduled for it's final trip early in 2011. I hope I get lucky and my work schedule allows me to be home so I can see it. It saddens me terribly to see them mothballed and turned into Muesuem displays.
Bill Heher
Central Florida and across the USA!
If it's broke Fix-it
If it ain't broke- let me see it for a minute AMA 264898- since 1988!

Offline W.D. Roland

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 12:32:32 PM »
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 9, 2010
Mystery Missile Launch Seen off Calif. Coast

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/09/national/main7036716.shtml

I didn't do it! Not me did it!
David Roland

Offline Joe Gilbert

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 12:36:41 PM »
looks like the Astronaut Farmer made it.
Joe Gilbert

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 01:35:51 PM »
I've seen a lot of launches from Vandenberg.  Does look to me like the aft end of a missle at the top. They do look like that but as soon as way up the trail expands like crazy, that ain't the same.

As someone else said, the military knows, but they're not about to say anything.

Anyhoo, nothing went BANG anywhere around her after a while so I guess it really doesn't matter.
don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 02:14:28 PM »
Must be Brett's fault. He is, after all, a rocket scientist.   LL~

Supposedly, launched just north of Catalina.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 02:23:02 PM »
Must be Brett's fault. He is, after all, a rocket scientist. 

Not at all. It's certainly not the launch of the latest PAMPA Sekrit Kabal global monitoring satellite, I can assure you of that. Any suggestion along those lines is just idle and irresponsible speculation.

Brett

Offline Larry Fernandez

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 02:49:09 PM »
Hey Larry
If you think a modern U.S. jet can't take a ballistic path you have never seen an F-15 with both afterburners lit going straight up.  Most fighters since the F4 Fantom have had a greater than 1 to 1 power to weight ration.  I remember seeing F-4's with no weapons on board go straight up on takeoff and fly that way until our of sight.  Trust me a military fighter can follow a ballistic path no problem... y1
Andy

Military fighter yes. Commercial airliner, no. VD~ VD~
(Notice I did say passenger airline in prior post)

Larry, Buttafucco Stunt Team

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2010, 05:32:49 PM »
The latest alien-invasion-its-the-end-of-the-world movie comes out friday - this is a commercial... ;D
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Dave Adamisin

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2010, 06:20:48 PM »
looks like the Astronaut Farmer made it.

Hey Joe, would that be "Billy Bob's billowing ballistic bombshell"??

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2010, 07:15:09 PM »
I just saw a little blurb about this very thing on the news tonight.  It is absolutely a commercial jet.  Just think of our models doing a wing-over.  From the side you see that beautiful arch....what do you see head on?
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Greg McCoy

• Commander
  • flying tiger B24 gunnery school patch Laredo
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2010, 07:51:52 PM »
US Airways flight 808.

A westward facing beach cam captured a simular image 24 hours later, of flight 808.

http://blog.bahneman.com/content/it-was-us-airways-flight-808

The "vertical" flight could be there is no horizon for reference. There is no bright rocket engine flare.

No actually it is "Chemtrails" the mind control drugs they put in jet fuel...

http://educate-yourself.org/ct/

There were no "Sylphs" to clean up the chemtrail.

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/sylphandchemtrailindex.shtml

I know it's hard to give credible information, when I add goofy stuff with it. The chemtrails are for your entertainment.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 08:54:52 PM by Greg McCoy »
AMA 77370

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2010, 09:42:46 PM »
Alpha Dog wins this one.
Good to know it wasn't a SCUD launched from a pirated Somalie freighter!
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2010, 10:07:05 PM »
  Not at all. It's certainly not the launch of the latest PAMPA Sekrit Kabal global monitoring satellite, I can assure you of that. Any suggestion along those lines is just idle and irresponsible speculation.

Brett

Hmmmmm   just in case, better mold a new aluminum skull  cap and don it post haste! ;D

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2010, 10:25:00 PM »
  Not at all. It's certainly not the launch of the latest PAMPA Secrete Kabal global monitoring satellite, I can assure you of that. Any suggestion along those lines is just idle and irresponsible speculation.

Brett

While it may not belong to PAMPA I said to my wife last night its a model rocket. After watching the news clip at least 1 person there speculates it could be. Put your self in their shoes. You want to fly your latest creation but the rules to the park don't allow it. (the FAA) So you pack up your toy into your boat and head out 3 miles figuring your OK (international waters) and launch it. Better not tell anyone you did for fear of arrest. Now your stuck.

That was my theory last night.
AMA 12366

Offline John Sunderland

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 10:40:42 PM »
Hmmmmm   just in case, better mold a new aluminum skull  cap and don it post haste! ;D

Im stickin with tin foil.

Offline Bill Adair

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 11:09:52 PM »
Naw, it's just Burt Rutan's retirement flight, in Space Ship 1....   ;D

Bill
Not a flyer (age related), but still love the hobby!

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2010, 11:41:39 PM »

True, aluminum does deflect mind control rays - but its high dielectric coefficient makes it show up like a flare on imaging radar!  It was no accident that they dropped aluminum foil chaff in WW II to fool radar. Fools! You're playing right into our hands...

Brett

Offline jim ivey

• Commander
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2010, 05:51:02 PM »
I confess I did it! naaaaah. seriously though. when I lived in Herald (just outside sacramento) I was sitting in my front yard looking toward the south and up over the horizon came a silver cylinder with a com trai following itl. I knew immediately it must have came from vandenburg. But I wasn't sure . It was about the time we were about to see "shock and awe". it was kind of scary espeacially when it staged over about where the bay area was. My saister thought we were being attacked by saddam, I said no donkey carts cant fly through the air like that. Later on the news it was announced we had launched a communications satleite earlier that day from vandenburg. They do that a lot, it was just the first one I had ever seen. Funny thing is, a few weeks earlier, my brother and I were sitting out in the front yard and saw a U.F.O. I thought at first it was something caught in a thermal, but it was way to big and to high. I know what those folks mean when they say "I felt like I was being watched." My brother said "yeah , I felt like that too!" So stupid me, I went in the house and called th cops and asked if anyone had called about a UFO sighting (my nieghbors on both sides also had seen this) of course he said "no", but then he asked what i had seen asked to speak to my brother who repeated what I had told him.I thought hmmm they took a report on that, maybe the men in the white coats are comming to take me awaaaaaay ho ho. Anyone else ever see a UFO? I figured it was ok to tell yall about this , most think I'm crazy anyway  n~ . jim

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 10:58:07 AM »
Larry I didn't see "commericial" in there, old age at work. Could one of the planes from your famious flying team be at the root of this?  If you don't show up at the Mackey contest tomorrow I will start rumors spreading.   y1 LL~
Andy
Andrew B. Borgogna

Offline Greg McCoy

• Commander
  • flying tiger B24 gunnery school patch Laredo
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 05:54:14 AM »
People want to see what they want to see, there's no help for them. For reasonable thinkers, here is more evidence that is was just an airplane. I may have been UPS MD 11, rather than US Airways 757, which would cause a more compact contrail.

Photos of multiple examples of "vertical" contrails, graphics, comments from experts.

http://contrailscience.com/a-problem-of-perspective-in-the-oc-new-years-eve-contrail/
AMA 77370

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2010, 07:01:37 PM »
According to the "news" on the internet last night (so it must be true?), the missle track was indeed a missle track. And not one of ours, but a ChiCom test launch from a ChiCom submarine, launched in international waters, off the coast of So. Cal.  IF true...it's really too bad we didn't have ABL surveilance in operation to blow its little fins all to fudge.  y1

I'm not yet ready to say this is the golly-gosh-darned facts, but maybe y'all can dig it out...

@@^  Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Norm Faith Jr.

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • The physics of flight releases the soul.
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2010, 09:03:06 PM »
Couldn't control myself..."gotta chime in here." After seeing (I can't remember how many) numerous different types of rocket and missile launches While stationed at Eglin AFB and most recently a space shuttle launch, close up, sitting in a boat in the bay...Well..."That ain't no airplane!" BTW: Look at the film again real close, especially in the area where the plume meets the smoke trail. You will see subtle trajectory corrections being done...JUST LIKE A MISSILE DOES! There! I got that off of my chest.
Norm
Circlepilot   AMA9376

Offline W.D. Roland

• Admiral
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2010, 09:15:16 PM »
The truth?
Can you handle the truth?
Do you really want to know the truth?
Me? Not sure anymore LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~
Call the 'men in the white coats' I need rescuing! #^

David Roland

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2010, 12:51:02 AM »
I received the ink below
it states that China Fired the Missile Seen In Southern California

see the report

http://www.infowars.com/wayne-madsen-china-fired-missile-seen-in-southern-california/

Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright

Offline Douglas Ames

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 01:14:56 AM »
Chinese Sub Missile - Letting Obama know their labor pool is cheaper than India's. :X  
...or someone didn't pull test their pulse jet!  LL~

I knew it! Had a hunch China was miffed at Obama and his Clown Posse. Kinda' hard to spin anything in todays digital world.
AMA 656546

If you do a little bit every day it will get done, or you can do it tomorrow.

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2010, 08:01:36 AM »
Couldn't control myself..."gotta chime in here." After seeing (I can't remember how many) numerous different types of rocket and missile launches While stationed at Eglin AFB and most recently a space shuttle launch, close up, sitting in a boat in the bay...Well..."That ain't no airplane!" BTW: Look at the film again real close, especially in the area where the plume meets the smoke trail. You will see subtle trajectory corrections being done...JUST LIKE A MISSILE DOES! There! I got that off of my chest.
Norm

Same thing I was thinking, that ain't no jet. Bet there is allot more going on with China than we are being told.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2010, 09:15:35 AM »
You guys really think you could see a missle coming in from China or any other country without the military knowing about it?? S?P
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline W.D. Roland

• Admiral
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2010, 10:26:21 AM »
Doc
Considering who is in charge of "The Big Mess" nothing surprises me anymore.
Heck, he is an alien.
David Roland

Offline W.D. Roland

• Admiral
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2010, 08:08:59 AM »
"The question that still must be answered is why NORAD's muted response was simply that North America was not threatened, and later our government approved the lame excuse that the picture recorded was simply an aircraft leaving a contrail," said retired U.S. Air Force Brig. Gen. Jim Cash.

"We must question the timing of this shot across our bow. The president was abroad being diplomatic, which means trying to placate China which is becoming overly concerned with our handling a totally out-of-control deficit in spending."

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=230425
David Roland

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2010, 05:10:15 PM »
Saw a whole lotta jets takin off while stationed off Longbeach....looks just like a missle almost everytime, just depends a lot on the weather and the angle of view. H^^
John Stiles             Tulip, Ar.

Offline Wayne Collier

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2010, 08:13:07 PM »
Only slightly related to the subject at hand. 
       I've been somewhat of a "skywatcher" for most of my life.  I think it came partly from living in a house about a mile off the north end of the local airport.  I remember being in high school sitting on the bleachers at the track looking east.  If the air was mostly clear contrails seemed to disappear into the haze as they headed toward the horizon.  On really clear days, it would look like the jets were going straight down toward the horizon before they disappeared.  Intellectually, I figured that they were actually still in level flight, but they sure looked like they were going verticle down.
Wayne Collier     Northeast Texas
<><

never confuse patience with slowness never confuse motion with progress

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2010, 08:44:54 PM »
Yes Wayne,
Good observation. I'm flying one of those contrail makers right now. Thank goodness it's dark. No one can see the telltale signs of my Chemtrail Chinese Missle!
AA647@21:42 CST at 34,000. Approx position Hill City, KS. MD-83. Produced by the Military Industrial Complex, in Long Beach.
(I'm actually riding home, in the back, don't panic.)
Chris...

Offline Bill Heher

• Fix-it
  • 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
  • I may not always BOM- but I do the re-builds!
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2010, 09:49:42 PM »
Glad to know I'm not the only one who's elite status as a Stunt Hanger Member doesn't hold much sway with AA- I always end up in the back of the bus too!
Bill Heher
Central Florida and across the USA!
If it's broke Fix-it
If it ain't broke- let me see it for a minute AMA 264898- since 1988!

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here