News:

• May 09, 2024, 12:29:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not model planes.  (Read 760 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Not model planes.
« on: October 22, 2021, 11:13:24 PM »
Not model planes, but it is keeping me happy.  Early in the year I was trying to figure out how to go flying and or go to local race car track.  Was thinking of getting one of the reserves spots on the terrace between turns one and two at the track.  That way I could sit in the vehicle or in a lawn chair and watch the races.  As far as the planes I was hoping to attract a couple of youngsters to teach to fly.  Roll out lines, how to test controls, and retrieve.  But daughter threw a wrench in that idea as she took the van back.  They also reneiged on selling my old Ford back to me.  So I was looking at the program listing for Lakeside Speedway KCK.  At the bottom a line that stated if yo can't make it to the track, watch races on your computer.  $39.00 per month for the weekly races and special races I had to go to Dirtvision and Racindirt and my favorite Floracing. 
My daughter said that is a lot of money and I pointed out to her how much it cost for tickets(special races are even higher),  gas for the car, refreshments and time.  But the real reason I post this is that at each and every race they run warm up laps(iron the track), hot laps and then have the start of the show with prayer and the National Anthem( which still brings a tear to my eye.  So right now the season is coming to an end I can maybe work on some small stuff.   Oh the old DOC is still going to keep tabs on you kids.  Remember if you need a plane to fly or help launching I am here.  just need a ride and some one to to the labor as I can still start and launch.  I respond to phone messages that are type or E-Mail.   cell phone message is at   913 553 8635.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Not model planes.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 07:52:28 AM »
  HANG IN THERE DOC!!!!!

Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here