News:

• June 03, 2024, 12:22:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No Joe Nall report/photos  (Read 4565 times)

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
No Joe Nall report/photos
« on: May 20, 2024, 06:59:00 PM »
Anyone go?
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: No Joe Nall report/photos
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 05:49:02 AM »
There is a lot of pict's and event sheets on the PAMPA facebook group page.

Best,    DennisT

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2024, 05:58:32 AM »
I got off of FB.
Too much politics and I was wasting too much valuable time when I could be in the shop.

It’s too bad this is not a place to get all the CL news. 😞
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2024, 06:34:34 AM »
I got off of FB.
Too much politics and I was wasting too much valuable time when I could be in the shop.

It’s too bad this is not a place to get all the CL news. 😞

The real shame is I offered to run the PAMPA site here. That ship is sailed and you are stuck with CIA-operated facebook.
AMA 12366

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2024, 07:52:38 AM »
Plenty of coverage in all the modeling groups on facebook. I'll get some hate for this but I'll say it anyway. It is painstaking and time-consuming to post pics and videos here. You must resize pictures and you can't just post a video without first uploading it to another platform like YouTube then you have to post a link. Smartphones and social media platforms allow 1 click live videos or photo-dumps without all the hassle of resizing and editing. Plus it's super easy to cross post in the various control line groups to reach the maximum number of people. There is room in the world for more than 1 site to discuss control line model aviation and people will always migrate to the place that offers them the easiest way to publish their content.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2024, 08:04:32 AM »
Plenty of coverage in all the modeling groups on facebook. I'll get some hate for this but I'll say it anyway. It is painstaking and time-consuming to post pics and videos here. You must resize pictures and you can't just post a video without first uploading it to another platform like YouTube then you have to post a link. Smartphones and social media platforms allow 1 click live videos or photo-dumps without all the hassle of resizing and editing. Plus it's super easy to cross post in the various control line groups to reach the maximum number of people. There is room in the world for more than 1 site to discuss control line model aviation and people will always migrate to the place that offers them the easiest way to publish their content.

Yup
Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2024, 12:45:16 PM »
I guess I will never be able to compete with the CIA and a billion dollars so it will remain as is here.
AMA 12366

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2024, 03:17:50 PM »
I guess I will never be able to compete with the CIA and a billion dollars so it will remain as is here.

CIA?? What?
Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2024, 06:26:45 PM »
CIA?? What?
There was a recently a video on TicToc that reposted an old article about facebook and the CIA from the Onion News Network.  It was satire but given who is running the show, Sparky might just be right.  I use facebook as little as possible.  It is a data miner's heaven.  It is even here now.  Do you really think that 128,000 people tuned in to see how the Canard Twin is coming along?  Probably some of the same 58,000 checking in on Don Jenkins build that stayed for a while.  It is bots, reading everything we type and downloading what they find useful.  Being paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you!

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2024, 07:08:03 PM »
"Google" Lifelog. Both Lifelog and FB have the same platform. FB saves the government tons of money as the agents know what color TP everyone has in their bathroom. The CIA-operated program closed the same day as facebook opened. Do you think that Some college dropout has enough brains without some help to create Farcebook? Also, there is a video of Zuckerbucks getting an award for CIA agent of the year floating around the internet.

They are trying to scrub this info but I have seen it. Good luck
AMA 12366

Offline Bill Schluckbier

• Ensign
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2024, 06:34:53 AM »
Well, a couple of college drop outs did have the brains to create Apple, so it is not outside of the realm of the possible.  And in my view, that was a much taller mountain to climb since they had to create the hardware as well as the software to run it.  At any rate, the matching dates for the creation of FB and the cessation of the CIA program could be taken as being correlated; however, correlation does not imply causation, specially without additional and verifiable evidence.

At any rate, the photo dumps on facebook are fun to thumb through but they not have the same depth as report that you would see in a forum such as this or through an organization such as PAMPA. The photos alone do not tell a story and I think that is what many of us miss.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 07:05:45 AM by Bill Schluckbier »

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2024, 06:41:08 AM »
The day we applied for a SS card we emersed ourselves into the world of information. We live in a binary digital world where information is a tool for many resources. I have nothing to hide, nor do I experience any anxiety knowing the world (government) knows more about me than I realize. I think certain social media locations are dramatizing the significance and instilling fear in people over nothing. Be happy, practice your faith and enjoy your passions.

Steve

Online Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2024, 07:19:05 AM »
A lot of valid points here.  While it's true that a photo of the Joe Nall scoreboard does carry value to competitors and fans, it's not going to be adequate to explain current theory and practice for technical topics like why to run a pipe on IC or how to manage the latest electric battery charging.  Creating photos and videos is an art that's now widely practiced, even capturing results from builders winning concourse awards.

Mike's point, which I agree with, is that the technology of the forum software here is dated, making it tedious to upload photos and videos.  One idea is to select updated software for this forum that specifically handles the resizing. 

thanks forum admins and participants,

Peter

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2024, 07:36:39 AM »
I have nothing to hide, nor do I experience any anxiety knowing the world (government) knows more about me than I realize.
And that is how they were able to take over the world.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2024, 07:47:06 AM »
I agree that it is the beauty of the forum layout and emphasis on discussion that keeps us here.  We have pictures supporting context vs comments supporting pictures.  It is difficult to have a discussion on facebook that doesn't wear out your scroll wheel.  Maybe if more of us would donate more here we could upgrade the picture/video issues.  Asking Sparky to do it and not even contributing is not fair.  facebook makes money selling your content.  Making it free only means they have more to sell.  Personally I don't find the restrictions on size or having to upload to YouTube that annoying that it makes facebook attractive.  I know I am probably in the minority and it hurts a bit to do a full build thread and have virtually no one seeing it but I cna live with that vs the alternatives.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2024, 08:55:31 PM »
.  I know I am probably in the minority and it hurts a bit to do a full build thread and have virtually no one seeing it but I cna live with that vs the alternatives.

Ken
. Change your name to Charles.....

Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2024, 10:37:46 PM »
. Change your name to Charles.....

I never thought of trying that - Thanks

Charles

AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline John Skukalek

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2024, 07:25:56 AM »
As has been mentioned, Stunt Hangar offers something incredibly special, unique and valuable. I don't feel the need to make a binary choice between Stunt Hangar and FB(or anything else). I feel super fortunate to have all of the control line resources that are available. They work in concert for me. Technology has tremendously enhanced my enjoyment of our hobby. Thanks for what you do Sparky.   

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2024, 05:21:02 PM »
"Google" Lifelog. Both Lifelog and FB have the same platform. FB saves the government tons of money as the agents know what color TP everyone has in their bathroom. The CIA-operated program closed the same day as facebook opened. Do you think that Some college dropout has enough brains without some help to create Farcebook? Also, there is a video of Zuckerbucks getting an award for CIA agent of the year floating around the internet.

They are trying to scrub this info but I have seen it. Good luck

You think the CIA can't track this website? Or your smart phone, and your YouTube page? Do you think a VPN will stop them? That's cute.

Derek

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2024, 06:22:20 PM »
I think I’d have to figure out why in hekk the CIA would have the least interest or time to follow me.  Surely there must be more important things to worry about.  There are something like 340 million of us-  don’t think they have the staff to cover it.  Just saying.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline James Lee

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2024, 06:48:57 PM »
How about posting some pictures for the CIA and the rest of us to see?
Jim

Offline James Lee

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2024, 06:50:42 PM »
How about some pictures for the CIA and the rest of us to see?
Jim

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2024, 01:31:22 AM »
You think the CIA can't track this website? Or your smart phone, and your YouTube page? Do you think a VPN will stop them? That's cute.

Derek

I don't market your information as FB does
AMA 12366

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2024, 01:36:28 AM »
A code of ethics prohibits me from selling data to brokers, I guess if you wish I could be like the other big platforms and market info and all the issues would be solved. Those who say there is nothing to see here because they have nothing to hide forgot history. The United States is rapidly turning into a police state. After I am gone they will do as they wish but as long as I am here I will be the resistance, spying, cashless society, and all the other totalitarian garbage they can come up with.
AMA 12366

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2024, 09:29:31 PM »
Put the pictures in STUNT NEWS. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2024, 05:46:21 AM »
I don't market your information as FB does

That's very kind of you. I'm just making the point that if you have a smart phone, Google is mining your data 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Derek

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2024, 08:32:34 AM »
That's very kind of you. I'm just making the point that if you have a smart phone, Google is mining your data 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Derek

On point
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2024, 11:14:29 PM »
Thanks Bob. Some of the kids don’t know, and the others think we’re governed by the good guys.
Chris…

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2024, 06:39:30 AM »
I just discovered something on my cell phone camera.  In the edit section for a picture on my Samsung Android there is a "resolution" setting hidden in the "Other Options" It took a 2.5mb picture and reduced it to 64k and let me post it directly from my phone. 

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline John Carrodus

• Commander
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2024, 12:41:51 PM »
Like the field of superfast travel vehicles / devices, my guess is we can pretty much safely assume that security and defence agencies are light years ahead of what we Joe Schmucks could even concieve as possible in our not so everyday world of information and communication technology. Accept the possibility of pretty much anything and I think we will not be far from the mark.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here