News:

• April 30, 2024, 09:23:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New year at Delta park  (Read 540 times)

Offline Don Curry AMA 267060

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
New year at Delta park
« on: January 02, 2012, 11:06:32 AM »
We had our second annual last flight for the year, first flight of the new year at Dela park.
Ron Anderson, Jim Cameron, Mark Hanson and myself arrived at the park at about 11:30 and set up for flying. Ron installed led Christmas lights on his Tananger and Cameron Did the same with an unknown to me biplane and mark with his Japanese version of a Storch carrier with no lights.
Since Ron did the first official flight at the park for 2011, he wanted the last flight for 2011 which he accomplished but due to an overly long engine run continued the flight into 2012. Cameron then did the first take off of 2012 with his biplane, followed by Mar who flew using a battery power head lithe on his hat to be able to see his plane then I flew Ron's Tananger.
Jim and Ron did a two up flight to end the evening then we retired to a local truck stop for an two A.M. breakfast.
We also had a new years day fun fly/chili cook off at Delta park which was ell attended.
I believe we had about twentyfive people, five pots of home made chili and tow pots of home made spaghetti along with many snacks and deserts.
Fun times had by all and we plan to do it again next year. Hopefully some one will post some pictures of the event and everyone is invited for next year.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: New year at Delta park
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 06:00:04 AM »
That sounds great and too much fun.   TOPCLASS usually does that every year in which they get as many in the air as possible just in time for the new year.   I beleive thay had as many as six up one year.  May have been more.  I have not made it there for that, but used to get there for new years day.   It was raining here when the new year came in and windy as all get out on new years day.  Will have to wait for the report in the club new letter.  That is if I haven't forgot to pay my dues again. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here