News:

• May 05, 2024, 12:07:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Web Site and Store is online  (Read 2639 times)

Mike Griffin

• Trade Count: (0)
New Web Site and Store is online
« on: March 02, 2011, 08:49:35 PM »
My new website and store is up and onine. I am still working on it and adding products but if you would like to take a look it is www.stuntsupply.com.

The name of my company is Stunt Supply.

I expect to be fully operational in a couple of months.

Thanks for you support

Mike Griffin

Offline Brian Massey

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • California Car Clubs
Re: New Web Site and Store is online
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 09:52:50 AM »
Great Site! Thanks for posting pictures, it really is a big help, at least to me. Went to one site once and they listed stock numbers and "text like" abbreviations . . . not much help for us dummies.

As our ex gov once said; "I'll be bock".

Brian
While flying the pattern, my incompetence always exceeds my expectations.

AMA 55421
Madera, CA

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 10:03:17 AM »
Just came from the new site.  It is great and easy to navigate.   Now I need a second job so I can purchase a few things.  Thanks for all you have done for the CL Hobby/Sport.   H^^

PS:Just added to my favorites list.  jeh
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 11:16:44 AM »
Great site. Easy and simple to navigate. Would be nice to have pictures enlarge when you click on them, to generate further lust and thereby force us to empty our wallets,(that is the idea).
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 11:57:40 AM »
Looks great Mike

Mike Griffin

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 12:05:10 PM »
Well hey guys...thanks for the feedback.  I built the website myself but I dont know how to get the pictures to enlarge when you click on them.  I actually could go back in an enlarge them but I have to be careful about how much storage I have on the site.

Thanks

Mike

Offline Steve Berry

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 12:48:36 PM »
Great looking site!

I have a sort of related question for you...on the Millennium Wing Kit page, can you provide more info on the bellcrank installation on the spar?  It really looks nice & neat, and easy to build, but a picture of the finished product doesn't always explain everything.  I'm just really intrigued by the way you did it.

Thanks.

Steve

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 01:24:59 PM »
I dont know how to get the pictures to enlarge when you click on them.  I actually could go back in an enlarge them
I am pretty sure you'd actually need to get larger pictures. Enlarging a small picture tends to give you a fuzzy picture that is not really better than the small one. Like, you have a very small picture of RSM's Pentastar. Enlarging it seems to give very bad results compared with the larger picture that RSM has on their site.

If you have the storage, it shouldn't be hard to make the small pictures into links that open a big one. Maybe open them in a new window, unless you have some fancy code that can open the bigger picture over the page that is being viewed.
I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Offline Brian Massey

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • California Car Clubs
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 01:40:46 PM »
Well hey guys...thanks for the feedback.  I built the website myself but I dont know how to get the pictures to enlarge when you click on them.  I actually could go back in an enlarge them but I have to be careful about how much storage I have on the site.

Thanks

Mike
When I post pictures on my website, I start with a pic that's about 120k in size (about a 12" picture at 72dpi) and then convert it to a Thumbnail. When you click on the thumbnail, it brings up the full size image into a new window. Not sure what program you're using, but in FrontPage it's an easy step. What ever program you're using, just look up "thumbnail".

Great site none the less.

Brian
While flying the pattern, my incompetence always exceeds my expectations.

AMA 55421
Madera, CA

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 04:47:13 PM »
One thiong I would really appreciate is a "Wish List" thing so my kids or wife could log in and see what I would like.  That would be handy. y1 H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Mike Griffin

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 03:00:15 PM »
Steve the spar is made out of 1/8' balsa.  If the wing tapers you must have the height (how tall) the root and tip ribs are so the taper of the spar will be correct when you cut it.  The spar is cut in two separate pieces.  The bellcrank post is also 1/8" thick and is held in place by the 1/32nd plywood on each side of the spar. 

Did that answer your question??

Mike

Offline Steve Berry

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 08:35:17 PM »
Steve the spar is made out of 1/8' balsa.  If the wing tapers you must have the height (how tall) the root and tip ribs are so the taper of the spar will be correct when you cut it.  The spar is cut in two separate pieces.  The bellcrank post is also 1/8" thick and is held in place by the 1/32nd plywood on each side of the spar. 

Did that answer your question??

Mike

Yep, that about covers it.  Thanks. H^^

Mike Griffin

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 09:19:33 PM »
U R Welcome Steve

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 08:04:37 AM »

Thanks

Mike

I have a little box on the page I am looking at, that if the picture is not big enough for these old eyes, I increase the size.   Then I have to remember to go back to 100%.   Sometimes I even have to shrink some of the e-mails I get.   H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here