News:

• May 04, 2024, 11:10:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Iranian stealth fighter  (Read 3653 times)

Offline Steve Thomas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
New Iranian stealth fighter
« on: February 02, 2013, 05:44:15 PM »
Not really model-building...oh hang on, yes it is.  LL~

http://theaviationist.com/2013/02/02/iran-new-stealth-fighter/#.UQ2dz3waySO

Seems like one of the ayatollahs enjoyed building the Testors "F-19" kit back in the 80s, and has taken it to the next level now that he's all grown up. The ejection seat is pretty convincing, anyway.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
Re: New Iranian stealth fighter
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 06:12:36 PM »
The Iranians are rolling baby!! Jetcat P90, Futaba S9350 servos, Futaba 6Ex 2.4 Gig. Transmitter, Futaba R6106FHC receiver. LL~

If this isn't one of the best posts I've seen yet, I don't know what is.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 06:41:32 PM »
Where's the goats?  LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 08:59:19 PM »
Where's the goats?  LL~ Steve

Walkin' funny.

Brett

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 11:12:29 PM »
Whats the Arabic word for "mockup"?

Offline Steve Thomas

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2013, 11:36:27 PM »
"To defeat the great satanic enemy, we must combine the talents of the Fighter and Transoprt Design Teams. Oh, and try some of these mushrooms, they're really good."

Offline Larry Fernandez

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 12:10:29 AM »
  Walkin' funny.

Brett

Gee, I dont get it.
Why do Iranian goats walk funny?

Larry, Buttafucco Stunt Team

Offline Chuck Feldman

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 05:56:54 AM »
Walk Funny because they have a problem with there butts. LOL
Chuck Feldman
AMA 15850

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 06:32:17 AM »
The panels on that airplane sure look rough. Their finishing wouldn't get many points in scale competition.

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Mike Griffin

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 08:32:39 AM »
I think it should be called "The Muzzie"

Mike

Offline Bart Klapinski

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 11:25:10 AM »
I think the "F" on F-313 stands for "FAKE".

Bart

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 11:39:11 AM »
I think the "F" on F-313 stands for "FAKE".

Bart

One might also wonder about the use of US style markings in the English alphabet, instead of Farsi. Almost as if someone wanted to make it look "official" to a Western audience.

There's a whole bunch of other stuff technically wrong with this picture. Before anyone elaborates on it, I would ask them to recall ITAR rules. I know there are people on this board who are capable of pointing out a bunch of things about the stealthiness and how this one would fare in an RCS test, but they should probably keep it to themselves.

Brett

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 11:53:57 AM »
"To defeat the great satanic enemy, we must combine the talents of the Fighter and Transoprt Design Teams. Oh, and try some of these mushrooms, they're really good."

Up until 1973, we were training Iranian pilots to fly the T-38.  I believe the T-38 cockpit in the tail is necessary to utilize existing Iranian pilots without further US flight training.
Paul Smith

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 02:20:33 PM »
    There's a whole bunch of other stuff technically wrong with this picture. Before anyone elaborates on it, I would ask them to recall ITAR rules. I know there are people on this board who are capable of pointing out a bunch of things about the stealthiness and how this one would fare in an RCS test, but they should probably keep it to themselves.

Brett

How about the fact that it was built by Iran?  Is that aplicable?

Online Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 02:37:33 PM »
   One might also wonder about the use of US style markings in the English alphabet, instead of Farsi. Almost as if someone wanted to make it look "official" to a Western audience.

Putting on my electromagnetics psychology hat, all I can say is that radar waves would be just flat embarrassed to bounce off of that.

Light waves are too small to have any pride, which is why you can see it at all.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Steve Thomas

• Commander
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 03:35:03 PM »

If they were trying to terrify the West with this thing, you have to wonder why it has randomly-applied avionics from light aircraft, an ASI redlined at 260 kts  LL~, a cockpit which is clearly made from fibreglass, and a canopy which doesn't lock down or seal.  And that's ignoring all the other issues of size, propulsion, aerodynamics etc etc.  I think its RCS is the least of its worries.

Presumably they were trying to impress someone with it, I just can't work out who.

Online Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 03:44:59 PM »
If they were trying to terrify the West with this thing, you have to wonder why it has randomly-applied avionics from light aircraft, an ASI redlined at 260 kts  LL~, a cockpit which is clearly made from fibreglass, and a canopy which doesn't lock down or seal.  And that's ignoring all the other issues of size, propulsion, aerodynamics etc etc.  I think its RCS is the least of its worries.

I dunno.  On some level I find it scary that the people in charge of Iran are crazy enough to believe that this means anything at all.  It's laughable until you realize that they're probably the same people who decide whether or not to make peace with their neighbors.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Online Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 05:09:00 PM »
Don't forget these beauties from two years ago: .

Note that you never see more than one of them in full flight at any one time.  They're also "stealth", but with that open structure holding up an uncowled motor, I'm not sure how that's accomplished.  Maybe because the answer to "what's the sense in that?" is "man, I just can't see it"
AMA 64232

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 06:06:09 PM »
. . . They are afraid of Israel kicking their butts.. D>K.

As they should be.
FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Online Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 06:23:45 PM »
It seems, from their TV announcement, to be pure propaganda for home consumption, not unlike the May Day parades of false missiles in Red Square..Called whistling in the dark.  They are afraid of Israel kicking their butts.. D>K.

If the entire leadership of Iran has more than one brain among them, they're even more afraid of their own populace rising up and kicking their butts.  Particularly after all the various "Arab spring" uprisings, not least of which is the current unrest in Egypt with the populace not being willing to accept a fundamentalist Islamic state that's not half as extreme as theirs.
AMA 64232

Offline don Burke

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 08:23:15 PM »
Believe it or not it looks like a novel way to test ejection seats using the nose from an F-5.  Most countries don't have the test tracks that we do in New Mexico and Utah. 
don Burke AMA 843
Menifee, CA

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 10:13:40 PM »
It's obviously a fake.  
However the Iranians aren't stupid enough to believe that they're fooling anyone.  They ar simply trying to pull attention away from what they are actually doing which is building a nuclear bomb.  
They will likely have a functioning nuclear device to test by the end of this year and that's the real threat.  As far as delivery it will probably be a suitcase device to smuggle into wherever they decide they want it and who they want to hold hostage.
So far no one has shown any real effort to stop them.  
This ruse with the fake fighter is just to buy time (I would think mostly with their own people) like all the other hand waving and blustering they've done is.
Our administration intends to talk with them now...that will buy some more time.
So who are the stupid people here??   ~^ :X

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Elwyn Aud

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Inferalandings Photo Page
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 08:07:01 AM »
It looks like something the Shriners would build to drive in the local parades.

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 08:13:35 AM »
I wonder if the Iranians would get offended if we asked them to do a build thread over at RCU. :)!
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 09:55:12 AM »
I wonder if the Iranians would get offended if we asked them to do a build thread over at RCU. :)!
not a bad idea,, but Charles would get jealous since it would likely surpass his 7 page thread of magnificence on the loser,, just sayin,,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Balsa Butcher

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • High Desert Flier
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2013, 04:09:18 PM »
Between this aircraft and "Bavar 2" ground effects flying boat squadrons I don't think the Israeli's have much to worry about.  8)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 09:16:47 PM by Balsa Butcher »
Pete Cunha
Sacramento CA.
AMA 57499

Offline Joseph Lijoi

• Commander
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 04:18:02 PM »
Here's another view.

You got it all wrong, man.  Those are chastity belts.

Offline dave siegler

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • sport flier
    • Circlemasters Flying club
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2013, 05:55:20 AM »
 it is called the Iranian stealth fighter  becasue no one will ever see it fly  ;D
Dave Siegler
NE9N extra class
AMA 720731
EAA 1231299 UAS Certificate Number FA39HY9ML7  Member of the Milwaukee Circlemasters. A Gold Leader Club for over 25 years!  http://www.circlemasters.com/

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 07:20:14 AM »
Here's another view.

It will wipe the smile off your face when these two pilots fire up the engines, take off, and rake you over with Hellfire missiles.  I think I remember those two from Reese AFB Texas in 1972. 
Paul Smith

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here