News:

• May 23, 2024, 11:21:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New FW 190 D - wing  (Read 838 times)

Offline elizio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
New FW 190 D - wing
« on: June 21, 2010, 05:40:58 PM »
Hi friends of the world control line:
tomorrow, after translation of Ferenc friend, it will be easier to understand what I'm modifying in the new FW 190 D.
Good flights at all.
elizio - Brazil

Offline elizio

• Commander
Re: New FW 190 D - wing
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 05:42:02 PM »

Offline elizio

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 07:26:26 PM »
Change of plan:

At first, I intended to build the wing for my new Fw 190D as a take-apart with two separate halves (like the first one).  I’m using a Super Tucano wing, with permission of the designer, Bene Rodrigues. I have very little time available for building model planes and I had quite a hard time trying to align the two panels, as the main spars meet exactly where I put the duralumin strips. Therefore, I decided to change my plan and am building a new wing, also take-apart from the fuse, but in one piece. I’m sorry for that, my building method worked very well, as my old Fw 190 D is more than an year old and shows no sign of fatigue; it is to be noted that each panel is assembled with only 2 screws and the model weights in excess of 2 kg – about 71 oz.

Just as an aside, I do not use piano wire for the internal control wires, but rather bicycle spokes; refer to the picture to see how the bend in the spoke is a perfect fit in the bellcrank. I use this material as it doesn’t bow and, were one to misplace a bend, it can be undone and bent again. For the horn wires, I use motorbike spokes.

Although frustrated with my inability to make the wing in two separate panels, I believe it will come out as a pretty airplane and I do hope it will fly great.   

p.s.: Thanks by Ferenc tradution.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 12:35:50 AM »
Not a long span Ta 152 Wing ?

need a picture of this lined up with P-51 or spitfire !

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here