News:

• May 23, 2024, 12:22:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New F2B model for 2018  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Peter Germann

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
New F2B model for 2018
« on: April 08, 2018, 08:12:23 AM »
Here is a complete  .pdf  and WORD documentation for free download:

https://www.fesselflug.ch/content/werkstatt/modellvorstellung/

its all metric and german. You may want to use:

https://www.deepl.com/translator

for translation and divide measurements by 25.4 to get decimal inches...

rgds, Peter
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 07:27:17 AM by Peter Germann »
Peter Germann

Offline goozgog

• Captain
Re: New F2B model for 2018
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 08:30:16 AM »
Looks nice Peter!
Thank you for posting the design.

I'm curious about the forward canopy.
Did you place it there to increase the
fuselage side area forward of the C/G
or is it mostly about appearance?

Cheers! - Keith
Keith Morgan

Offline Peter Germann

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 05:52:28 AM »
Side area, Keith. And easy access to battery from top.
Peter Germann

Offline frank williams

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 08:56:07 AM »
Hi Peter,

Thanks for sharing your design and drawings.  I always enjoy your engineering applications to stunt. 
How does this (MyWay) compare to the Fiat design, 0-0-0, etc.?  what about Flying wise.
Since day-one of flying electric, I always felt the positive effects of the pusher in maneuvers.  However, I also experienced the e-hunt from day-one.  I always advocated upthrust as the only cure.  I'm looking forward to building either the Fiat or the MyWay. 

I have several IC planes flying with pusher configurations.  The prop effects are felt without the excessive processional effects. (much lower rotational inertia) A Fox 35 with a reverse crank is a wonderful flying machine.  Aldrich, Phelps, and other "backward flyers" had a builtin advantage and none of the competitors knew it.  Jett has some reverse cranks and I wish Randy would make some for the larger motors.  Props aren't a problem anymore.

I'm also intrigued by Igor's use of neutral yaw stability.  I never liked the "Genesis" style fuselage because it "twanged" in yaw in the corners, maybe it just needed an inline rudder to offset. I'm considering retrofitting an e-plane with some forward lateral area and reduced rudder /fin area to experiment with the aspects of reduced lateral aerodynamic stability.

So many fun things to try.

Thanks again for sharing.
Frank Willliams

ps .... that translator app is an amazing tool

Offline Peter Germann

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 03:17:33 AM »
How does this (MyWay) compare to the Fiat design, 0-0-0, etc.?  what about Flying wise.

Fiat and My Way aerodynamic dimensions are very close to Max Bee with May Way forward fuselage side area being larger for to contribute to overhead lift.  Both models show similar flight characteristics, very possibly being above my old man flying expertise...
Since Fiat's cornering ability is not really snappy I have very slightly enlarged My Way's elevators and flaps. However, what I meanwhile found when flying My Way is that replacing the APC 13 x 5.5 EP by a lightweight (Electric wood) Fiala 13 x 6 E3 pusher (turning slower at 8'800 RPM) has done a lot more for corners than the bigger control surfaces. Otherwise both airplanes perform likewise good with My Way's line pull in in inside turns, due to its inverted function rabe rudder, being more symmetrical i.e. equal to pull in outsides.
At this point in time I am trying to follow Igor's suggestion to use rudder deflection instead of leadout position for to compensate lines drag. At 5.2 sec lap I am now using a level flight rudder-out deflection of approx. 10° combined with the leadout center being 12 mm ( 1/2") rear of c.g. From markings on fuselage and inner wingtip  I can see that this setup results in a fuselage yaw-out of approx. 2.5° with resulting overhead line tension being sufficient but not overwhelming.
rgds. Peter
Peter Germann

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here