News:

• April 27, 2024, 09:58:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: need info on the Scatmore  (Read 1003 times)

Offline Paul Wood

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
need info on the Scatmore
« on: December 02, 2009, 10:45:27 AM »
Did a search but can't find any info on the Scatmore.  Anyone have good or bad feelings about this plane?  Any comparison to the Profile Oriental?  I've got an O.S. 46 LA looking for a home.  Thanks guys.

Paul

Offline Wynn Robins

• Admiral
Re: need info on the Scatmore
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 12:45:14 PM »
the scatmore is a really nice airplane - I built the prototype and did the build article for it - it is actually a profile Strathmoor stunter - but for legal reasons  - Joe had to change the name of it.

It builds light and flies well.   I can highly recommend it - here is a pic of the original
In the battle of airplane versus ground, the ground is yet to lose

Offline Paul Wood

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 01:33:32 PM »
Wynn,

Thanks for the reply.  I was wondering if it was kin to the Strathmoor.  It's a beautiful plane and I'm looking forward to building it.  I realy like the paint scheme you did on the prototype.  Back in my C/L prolific days, I used a similar scheme for many of my planes.  I'll probably end up with something along the same theme.  It really accents the plane's natural lines.

Best regards,
Paul

Offline Ralph Wenzel (d)

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 02:56:58 PM »
Hey Paul, Yes the Scatmore is the same as the Strathmoor except for the name. Some trademark thing, I believe; possibly with the Strathmoor Paper Company.

(Too many irons; not enough fire)

Ralph Wenzel
AMA 495785 League City, TX

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here