News:

• May 24, 2024, 09:17:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not modelling, but aviation nonetheless.  (Read 945 times)

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
Not modelling, but aviation nonetheless.
« on: November 20, 2017, 10:50:09 PM »
Here's the Cashman Equipment Company plane. It's a Learjet 75. I got a full run down and pre-flight inspection with our company pilot today. He's helping with what he can while I get my private pilots license.
Our Co-pilot is an instructor at Desert Aviation, so we'll look at what aircraft is available to go up in. Gotta log some hours!

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Not modelling, but aviation nonetheless.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 09:02:58 AM »
You are so lucky.   
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline BYU

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 09:11:17 AM »
Very Cool - This looks very similar to the one the JCT have parked at their "Manor"

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 04:56:03 PM »
C'mon, Bob's...I've seen the JCT's company plane. It's a 777, and it's much too big for the facilities at JCT Manor's grass strip. I'm sure there will be some improvements made to the runway to correct that situation, but it is being held up with permitting. The xmt wants to import some endangered toads, but JCT's lawyers are digging in their heels and not giving up easily.  D>K Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 06:37:09 PM »
If I'm ever fortunate enough to fly to the JCT's compound, it'll need to be in something a little more conservative in the cost per hour department. Perhaps a piper Cub or Husky A-1C would be fitting for a grass landing? Will I need some sort of aesthetic waiver if I have a less than optimum appearing aircraft?

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 07:42:07 AM »
If I'm ever fortunate enough to fly to the JCT's compound, it'll need to be in something a little more conservative in the cost per hour department. Perhaps a piper Cub or Husky A-1C would be fitting for a grass landing? Will I need some sort of aesthetic waiver if I have a less than optimum appearing aircraft?

"Great" Dane,

Get yourself a seaplane. I've never meet a pilot yet, no matter what they fly, that didn't wish they had seaplane time or a rating.

Club up with 4 other guys and you could get it done.

A suggestion.

CB

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here