News:

• May 08, 2024, 07:22:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: nats grass  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Darrell Mims

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
nats grass
« on: July 13, 2007, 07:07:31 AM »
 8)  Hey Ty  sorry to hear Ronnie's Strega is history . That was a pritty gold on it.  Tell them down in Clanton ,we know how to grow smooth grass. We got a little rain this past week ,and now you should see it . Makes a good putting green .

Offline Jim Oliver

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: nats grass
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 08:24:49 AM »
Nice T-Bird, he flies is well, too.  Glad I took some pix of the Strega when it was new.

Jim
Jim Oliver
AMA 18475

Offline Charlie Pate

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 10:57:43 AM »
Ty !
I didn,t think Athens was big enough to have a soccer field!
Lived there as a child ,6-10 yrs.of age ,Coleman ave.(first concreted street in Athens).
It was a lovely town then; wish I still lived there.
Oh well, my loss, Athens gain. D>K

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 12:16:11 PM »
Sure would like to send some of this Oklahoma rain someplace else.. I have to mow my flying circle almost every other day just to keep the clippings from clogging up the mower. Last rain spell, after it quit long enough to be able to mow, ended up having to mow it 3 times at progressively lower settings to get it back under control. HB~>

Offline Dick Fowler

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 02:14:51 PM »

Does it give you the "munchies"?   n~
Dick Fowler AMA 144077
Kent, OH
Akron Circle Burners Inc. (Note!)
North Coast Control Liners Size 12 shoe  XXL Supporter

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 04:36:25 AM »
Sure would like to send some of this Oklahoma rain someplace else.. I have to mow my flying circle almost every other day just to keep the clippings from clogging up the mower. Last rain spell, after it quit long enough to be able to mow, ended up having to mow it 3 times at progressively lower settings to get it back under control. HB~>

Bob, I know it is rough in OK, KS & MO, but, as the good book says watch what you pray for.  I can remember people saying it was too dry even in KC.  As far as the grass competition circles in Muncie, most of the competitors were thanking Melvin & myself for the terrific mowing job.  Kept telling them to thank the minimum maintenance crew for the job they had to do with equipment they had.  Melvin & Bill Lee ran the paint sprayer for all the circles.  People have to remember that this is only used once a year for control line.   Besides you have to be there and not take someone's word that never flies off grass.   Have fun,  DOC Holliday

PS:We get to head home Sunday AM. jeh
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 08:18:12 AM »
Hi Doc,

I have flown off the AMA grass circles.  And, I have flown off our Club's grass circles along with too many other grass sites to mention.  I have had a line snag during a contest on our Club's circle.  It was a profile plane and was quickly repaired. 

No matter what, stuff happens! **)  It's a shame, but it's true........
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here