News:

• May 26, 2024, 12:40:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Neighborhood  (Read 1562 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
My Neighborhood
« on: February 25, 2011, 08:30:36 AM »
Well, yesterday it was freezing rain to rain and finally snow.  This is what I woke up to this AM.  My reason for not having the planes ready to fly.  Also want to rub it in on the guy/gals down south. Added one of a plane so no one can complain.  By the way temps were in low 20'sF.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Re: My Neighborhood
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 08:57:34 AM »
Better start sweeping.
 LL~ LL~ LL~
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 09:25:58 AM »
Well, yesterday it was freezing rain to rain and finally snow.  This is what I woke up to this AM.  My reason for not having the planes ready to fly.  Also want to rub it in on the guy/gals down south. Added one of a plane so no one can complain.  By the way temps were in low 20'sF.

You're not rubbing it in,
weather in Palm Coast, Fl.

currently @ 74 and is expected to hit 80... 
b.t.w.  I do have the A/C on
 S?P

you do know I love you guys right  H^^
Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 09:39:01 AM »
Shot I took of my street this morn...here up above Gig Harbor...19 degrees.
Not much snow...but a sheet of ice on the unimproved roads.
Last shot was yesterday afternoon.
Don Shultz

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 10:13:02 AM »
The old mercury has been pounded to the bottom of the tube for the last couple of weeks here.  It's been 25 to 30 below (yet again!) for the last two weeks.  It is supposed to warm up to 15-18 below for the next week or so though, so it's not all bad! %^@
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 12:16:23 PM »
GADZOOOOOOUUUUKS! GLEN! %^

I haven't experienced 30 to 40 below 0 since I was a junior in High School...waaaay back in 1956 in Collins Iowa.
We had a week of high winds, drifting snow that piled itself up to the 2nd story of our rental home.
We had an unheated garage where we stored our 1953 Chrysler.
I will never forget that one morning when the temp. was 35 below 0...I went out to the garage...pulled out the "heated dipstick heater" open the car door, PLOPPED myself down on the brand new "clear plastic" covered front seat cushion to start the engine for a warm up.

WHAT A SHOCK AND SURPRISE  at the moment I sat my skinny little tight azzzz down on that frozen plastic covered seat cover!
THAT SHINEY THIN CLEAR PLASTIC  SEAT COVER "SHATTERED INTO KAGILLION' TINY PIECES OF SUGAR & GLASS LIKE SHARDS accented by an explosion that sounded like a large firecracker.

My twin sister and grandmother were in the kitchen and heard the NOISE AND MY PAINFUL SCREAM OF SHOCK and came running out to see what had just happened.
While sweeping out the car...
I noticed my  opened can of tennis balls that were sitting in the back seat. One ball was on the floor,
so I took it out of the car and noticing that it was also frozen stiff like a billard ball. Just for the fun of it...I threw it against the concrete drive way, just to watch it break into a couple of pieces!!!
(BARE BOTTOM LINE:) and to my surprise... I had a pretty ugly black bruise on my right butt cheek for the memory.
That afternoon in Science class....I wanted to show to show off my back side to my first love..Daisy May Maxwell  just to illustrate what had occurred earlier that morning.

THANKFULLY our science teacher, class and Daisy May...declined my generous offer of enlightenment and illustration. LL~ LL~ VD~ H^^ HH%%
Don Shultz

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 12:41:55 PM »
Well guys; I went flying on wednesday with temps in the low 60's. This morning we have 5" of snow and ice, with temps at 14 and wind chill of +1. We have been fortunate to have one day a week where the temperature and wind have been reasonble to fly, at least for the last few weeks. Now that I have my 2 new ones trimmed out, I am ready to get some flying in. I also need to get my ignition plane out and fly it some before VSC. I'm hoping to get a day where the temp is above 60 so that Anderson Spitfire won't kick back and numb my fingers. Ouch!
Jim Kraft

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 12:45:55 PM »
 #^    I'm gonna be tactful,                  No I'm not, it is a balmy 74dF sunshinin, low wind's, just gooooood flyin' weather ...  So there !!! #^ #^ #^ #^
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 01:31:30 PM »
Just got n' E mail from Les McD...
here is a shot of his latest projects in sunny Florida.
Don Shultz

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 01:46:08 PM »
Okay Shultzie,you laugh at my work because in the second photo I had not finished tightening the screws.
Oh yeah, the weather here in Miami is great. I shot this picture about fifteen minutes ago (3PM--2/25).
"Smokin Hot Weatherlady" on TV says it's 82 degrees but I think it feels more like 85!!
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 01:47:54 PM »
WOULDN'T U KNOW THAT OUR DEAR CLPA FLORIDA KNOWS HOW TO "GET EVEN WITH ALL OF US!
Les, just sent me this with LOVE AND INFECTION;  LL~ LL~ H^^
Don Shultz

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 01:48:01 PM »
Wow Doc,
Lookin' like I missed another bad week of flying weather! I'm so lucky.

Donaldo, you're crackin' me up as usual.

It rained here this morning, but it's still in the low 60's so not so bad. It's freezing in the garage for me, but I'll live.

Harry Latshaw says the State Troopers in Indiana were citing people for driving on the ice.

Dad's house look just like Les's!  

Chris...

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 01:57:55 PM »
For all you guys with warm temps and low winds; PPPPPPFFFFFFFHHHHHHHHHT! HB~> HB~>
Jim Kraft

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 02:01:39 PM »
Hey Chris...

Perhaps Les...may remember that before I moved over here to Gig Harbor's EXILE!
We enjoyed about 2 weeks or "LESS"  each summer in our little backyard pool in Auburn Wa.
Les!
U really busted my B*LL'S by reminding me just how much Carol and I miss our little pool and friends that would appear out of the ever so rare thin hot NW air...when the temp. would rise above 70 degrees.

Seeing these POOL PICTURES..."Hummmmmmmmmm? Revisiting these pool pictures...especially during this NW record snappy weather....is kinda like a little sample of what HELL must be like...
I can just see old Donnie sittin in a hot tub of RED HOT COALS....looking over and seeing our beloved CLPA master Les...sittin in the shade next to his AWESOME IN GROUND FLORIDA POOL!
My beloved ol' grandmother always said..."I was goin' to HELL IN A HANDBASKET and what kind of girls could keepyou out on the town past 3:a.m. in the morning on a school night?""Thanks Les!"
I can still hear my words that I would utter back to my Grandmother Mary...as I staggered to my little bedroom....

"THE GOOD KIND OF GIRLS... GRANDMA!!!"
Don Shultz

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2011, 02:15:40 PM »
What Jim Kraft said!  Only double.  (See my post on "Hanging around waiting for the snow to melt.)  Says it all for here.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Garf

• Admiral
    • Hangar Flying
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2011, 03:50:37 PM »
Sundays flying weather.

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2011, 05:52:01 PM »
Highlite of my day was going out at 6:30 to snow blow the drive so I could go to work an hour late...

I'll second what Jim & Will said!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2011, 08:31:31 PM »
Highlite of my day was going out at 6:30 to snow blow the drive so I could go to work an hour late...

I'll second what Jim & Will said!

My beloved was also just over n' hour for work today also...here is a shot out the window last the other night.
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here