• April 26, 2024, 02:05:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mothers  (Read 610 times)

Offline Brent Rogillio

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Mothers
« on: May 09, 2021, 12:24:37 PM »
I am so thankful for the mother God gave me. She gone now but the memories are still vivid in my heart. She drove me a many times to the hobby shop for me to buy a kit or just look and wish for. Time has passed by what we did as kids. If it was building control line kits, plastic models, paint by numbers or fly kites that was the days. My mom supported me 100 %. She what let me build airplanes on the dinning room table. She allowed our house to be home. Love you Mom can’t wait to see you in heaven.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Mothers
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 03:25:52 PM »
   A HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all the Moms looking in. Like a lot of you, I think of my Mom every day. My dad passed away suddenly when I was ten years old and my Mom had to raise 9 of us all by herself. She was always firm but fair in discipline, and the standing rule around the house was "If you don't work, you don't eat!" That meant make sure your chores and home work were finished before any thing else was done. She was always supportive of what our interests were and put up with the noise and smells of both model airplanes and later on, dirt bikes when my wallet allowed it . During WW-2, my Mom worked at a local hat factory and like most manufacturers at that time, the hat factory made products for the war effort. This particular plant made cargo and bomb parachutes, so my Mom was VERY adept at making nice parachutes from old silk scarves that we would tie weights to the ends of the shroud lines, then roll up to throw as high as we could and watch them float down. She started me on collecting model airplane magazines when she consented to getting me a subscription to American Aircraft Modeler magazine when I was in the eight grade for my birthday. She was the best cook, the best seamstress, the best nurse and the best friend anyone could want to have and I sure would like to have one more pumpkin "birthday pie" made by her!!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MOM!!

Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 06:54:06 PM »
I am so thankful for the mother God gave me. She gone now but the memories are still vivid in my heart. She drove me a many times to the hobby shop for me to buy a kit or just look and wish for. Time has passed by what we did as kids. If it was building control line kits, plastic models, paint by numbers or fly kites that was the days. My mom supported me 100 %. She what let me build airplanes on the dinning room table. She allowed our house to be home. Love you Mom can’t wait to see you in heaven.
       THANKS Brent. I already miss my MOM.
              Doug

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 09:02:12 PM »
We had to move a lot when I was young. My mother once asked me if I “missed home” I, without thinking, said that wherever the family was was home. We had that good mom and dad. I miss them. 😥
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 12:51:25 PM »
Yes the official Mothers day is over, but we will never forget them and wish we had spent more time with the.  I here some one younger then me complaining about their Mom or even their Dad and I call them down to remind them that that is the only Mom they will have.  Even adopted children have it best at times because their adopted Mon chose them D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here