News:

• April 28, 2024, 07:45:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: More Power  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
More Power
« on: March 07, 2009, 09:53:40 AM »
I changed power on my Rebel that was powered by a FP-35 to a La 46. There is a lot to be said about mooooore pooower. I dont think you can beat this engine for userbility. HB~>

Offline Scott B. Riese

• AMA Member
  • Captain
  • Just a student of stunt
Re: More Power
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 10:32:44 AM »
Lots-o-people say. The LA engines are not user friendly or have eratic runs. First hand there a good engine for the value. Super easy to manage. The LA-46 can be used in any 500-660 sq in plane and up to 60oz. There is such a wide range of props your can use from 10x6ew through 12x5. The engine needs very little break in. Leo just bolted his in a flew it. Good 4-2-4 right off the bat. Just make sure you add just a little extra oil. Even the LA-25 with a 10x4 apc is a wonderful engine. I'm pleased with all of my LA-40's that I use in my Cobra and Nobler.
With out these LA engines I don't know what I'd be using.... y1
Scott Riese
Portland, Oregon
AMA 528301

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 10:33:08 AM »
Leo, I have an LA 46 in my  P-39.  Not only being lighter which helps the balance, but, it has just as much power as the OS 40 FS.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 11:04:58 AM »
Leo, I have an LA 46 in my  P-39.  Not only being lighter which helps the balance, but, it has just as much power as the OS 40 FS.  DOC Holliday
I call this engine a dumb engine just the the super Tigres. It sure works for me and the Rebel is the one I should have had finished for VSC. How are you doing on theArctic Fox. Need pictures. See ya at VSC Looking forward to seeing how My Evo 36 is going to perform. This is looking like a good trip. H^^ H^^ H^^

Offline Marvin Denny

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 03:35:39 PM »
Leo look me up at VSC  I would like to meet you.

Bigiron  aka  Marvin Denny
marvin Denny  AMA  499

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 05:24:34 PM »
Leo look me up at VSC  I would like to meet you.

Bigiron  aka  Marvin Denny
I will be glad to meet you. I hope to meet a lot of people that participate on this forum. I have heard a lot about you and have read most of you thoughts on this forum. I will be there on the 17 th I think my plane is supposed to be there by 4:45. I am looking forward to the warm weather. Most of all I hope to be able to fly a lot while I am down there. H^^ H^^ H^^

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 07:53:55 PM »
I've had mixed luck with the LA46. I have 2 of them. One is a dog. Very uneven run and seems to be different, flight to flight. The other is a sweetheart. Very easy to manage and runs fine.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Joe Messinger

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 09:21:10 PM »
I have three LA .46 engines.  All three run exceptionally well.  One engine has several hundred flights on it with no problems.

My favorite combination is a Brodak Cardinal powered by the LA .46.  APC 12/4 prop. Sullivan 4 oz. clunk tank with muffler pressure. 5% nitro with 11/11 oil.

Joe
Joe Messinger

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 08:24:53 PM »
I will be glad to meet you. I hope to meet a lot of people that participate on this forum. I have heard a lot about you and have read most of you thoughts on this forum. I will be there on the 17 th I think my plane is supposed to be there by 4:45. I am looking forward to the warm weather. Most of all I hope to be able to fly a lot while I am down there. H^^ H^^ H^^

Hey Marvin,
Leo will be real easy to spot. He is the guy that looks like he is flying inverted all the time.  LL~ LL~

Hey Leo,
If you have a question about a Fox, here is the guy. (and his better half) ;D

Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 12:18:19 AM »
Hey Marvin,
Leo will be real easy to spot. He is the guy that looks like he is flying inverted all the time.  LL~ LL~

Hey Leo,
If you have a question about a Fox, here is the guy. (and his better half) ;D

Paul, I think upside down and also build everything backwords but they usually work that way and if you put a sweet running 46 in the plane like I had in my Grinder for three years everything is hunky-dori, Right? The old flyer from the past, Leo       -Hunky-dori, old term from the past- HB~> HB~> HB~>

Online Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 08:49:48 AM »
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 03:20:07 PM »
Flew the Rebel in the wind today and it handled it very well. I changed the venturie on the 46 and now have got better mileage. I am really beginning to like this plan and have had some people already asking for plans. They are on the way thanks. HB~>

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here