News:

• April 26, 2024, 03:33:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Micheal Murray passes  (Read 1075 times)

Offline ericrule

• 2014 Supporters
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Micheal Murray passes
« on: January 19, 2019, 12:10:34 PM »
I was just notified that my good friend Mike Murray passed away this morning. Mike was a very talented aeronautics engineer who survived flying helicopters in Vietnam, a liver and kidney transplant in the 90's plus knowing me for 18 years. Unfortunately he was not able to survive a recent bout with cancer.
I will certainly miss discussing wild ideas about aircraft design, control line building and flying, steak dinners with Crown Royal and his observations about how strange our government is becoming. He was a good guy and I will miss him greatly.

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
Re: Micheal Murray passes
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 01:05:27 PM »
I knew Mike fairly well. We talked a lot on the phone and hung out a bit at VSC. Sorry to hear this.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Joe Gilbert

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 01:50:24 PM »
Had lots of good talks with a Mike, sad news.

Joe Gilbert
Joe Gilbert

Offline Kevin Muckleroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 01:55:10 PM »
Talked to Mike several times after meeting him at VSC several years ago. Great guy would talk an ear of ya on the phone. After all he had gone thru in his life to be taken by the Big C is sad. You will be missed Mike, RIP.

Online Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 03:33:00 PM »
Mike and I had lots of talks in the past although I had not spoken with him in a couple of years.  I knew about the transplant but had no idea about the cancer.  So sorry to hear this.  Rest in peace Mike.

Mike Griffin

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 11:23:33 PM »
I'M terribly surprised by this news.

Michael was a good friend and lived only a few miles from me.  We spent a lot of time together, swapping stories from Vietnam and talking about model airplanes.

Recently I've been "under the weather" myself and hadn't talked to mike for a couple of weeks.  I went to the hospital with him several times during his first Chemotherapy sessions that were seemingly successful.  Then a few weeks ago at the flying field he told us that the cancer was back.  Unfortunately shortly after that I began to have problems that kept me in the house for a couple of weeks. 

I'm very sorry that I didn't get a chance to spend more time with my friend. 

I wish fair winds and tight lines for you Michael!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here