News:

• May 05, 2024, 12:30:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Making Cardio Painless  (Read 843 times)

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Making Cardio Painless
« on: February 17, 2012, 01:48:26 PM »
I started exercising last fall and I've dropped some pretty serious tonnage. However my experience on the elliptical is excruciatingly miserable. The other night I was trying to take my mind off the half hour drudge I remembered how I used to fly the pattern while lying in bed at night. So,,,,,since I'm working against a timer anyway I started closing my eyes and practicing. My first "flight" ran over 9 minutes so I started counting pedal revolution since I was pedaling at 60 RPM.  Last night I flew 3 7:15 second flights with a short mental critique at the end of each and my half hour was gone in no time!!!!
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Making Cardio Painless
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 03:36:57 PM »
Hi Brother Randy!

I, too, use mental games to get through some less than desirable necessary tasks.

I often fall asleep flying the pattern!  I get through my prayers, lay down and then get a smooth tune in my head and start flying!

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Online Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 05:05:45 PM »
Whatever works is usually good!  For my cardio I use my iPod set to shuffle and make sure there's a lot of blues & jazz on tap.  The gym where I work out has Sirious radio and I can set it to smooth jazz for my resistance training session.
some days when I'm ready to leave I almost feel like it's too early!  But I always am able to fight the feeling off!!!! y1
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 08:00:12 PM »
that is a great idea Randy.

I watch my CL tapes when at home on the cross trainer. When I go to the gym I take one side of the cable weights the one with what looks like could be a metal CL handle, put 20 pounds on it and go thru a pattern. I know people watching wonder what I am doing. The O8's don't come out right but I do it to work on my shoulder and arm.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 08:04:59 PM »
I call people up. Time flies when you're talking to someone you don't know.  n~

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here