News:

• May 06, 2024, 02:23:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: M A Member of the Month....Eric Boehm  (Read 761 times)

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
M A Member of the Month....Eric Boehm
« on: August 03, 2019, 08:27:34 AM »
The August issue of MA features Eric Boehm as member of the Month.
Eric is a terrific builder of Free Flight Indoor Rubber, RC and Control Line. He is pictured with his Magnum. Eric recently decided that electric power was the way to go and the Magnum is his first "full size" model with electric power.
I'll get a picture of the bottom of the Magnum....it id checkerboard film trimmed, with the squares all hand cut and individually placed!
Eric is a member of the Garden State Circle Burners and a "sparkplug" at the AMA Expo East where he has worked with Bob hunt and others acquainting the masses with control line.
Eric is also the Aviation Curator at the Intrepid, the WWII, Korea and Vietnam serving carrier that is permanently moored on the Hudson at around 54th Street. Eric's influence at the Intrepid was obvious to me when I visited recently.

Good guy all around!

Offline YakNine

• AMA Member
  • Commander
Re: M A Member of the Month....Eric Boehm
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 09:33:01 AM »
I will second the good guy all around claim, he is an excellent builder as well as one of the nicest people you could meet. TJ
AMA 85135                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    GSCB

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: M A Member of the Month....Eric Boehm
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2019, 09:16:58 PM »
I noticed and I read the interview, because I recognized the name (from here, I believe).

I've always wondered why MA doesn't interview Paul Walker, Howard Rush, Chris Cox, Brett Buck, Ted Fancher, Uncle Jimby and some others...I think any of their life stories would be really fascinating.  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here