News:

• April 28, 2024, 08:51:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Looking for Scale Judges - 2024 National Aeromodeling Championships (Nats)  (Read 530 times)

Offline Pete Bauer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
We are seeking additional judges (both static and flight) for control line scale events at the 2024 National Aeromodeling Championships (Nats) - Friday July 12 through Sunday July 14.

We will hold a prep session online (Zoom) before the competition for folks who may be a little out of practice.

Email me if you are interested.

Pete

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Where will you be flying CL Scale?

The CL World Champs are in Muncie on those dates.

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
I believe the CLWC are in August as well as the rest of the CL Nats EXCEPT Scale....Not sure why they have broken off from the rest.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Damn, it's tough getting old.

Never mind....

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Damn, it's tough getting old.

Never mind....

X2

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
I believe the CLWC are in August as well as the rest of the CL Nats EXCEPT Scale....Not sure why they have broken off from the rest.

Dave

The purpose was (and still is) to keep CL & RC scale together.  One positive byproduct is to ease the over crowding of Muncie during the Nats, World Cup and World Championships.
Paul Smith

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
I think the downside is we do have a number of crossover fliers (stunt and scale) who aren’t going to make two trips to Muncie.  Others like to spectate as well.  I doubt the RC scale crowd spends much time at the McCool site.  Splintering the overall CL group I wouldn’t think is helpful.  Heck I was actually going to build something to enter scale to kill some down time between the stunt Nats and the worlds… until I realized they weren’t concurrent.   RC and CL Aerobatics don’t hang out together…

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline Pete Bauer

• Ensign
C/L Scale Nationals will be held July 12 - July 14.  It is paired up with R/C Scale (same static judging), but is separate from the rest of the C/L Nationals.  If you ask WHY?
1) The schedule for Muncie in August was very tight with all the Nats, WC, etc. so getting a spot was difficult.
2) C/L Scale is sending a team to the World Championships in Romania in August, so key people will be gone for much of August.

So it anyone is still interested in Scale judging, please message me and I can fill you in.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here