General control line discussion > Open Forum

L&J Fox 35 with Blue Magic Head

<< < (3/4) > >>

Dave_Trible:
Sorry a little off subject-  I have one of the 1963 GOLD 15th Anniversary Fox 35 that is like new except the previous owner replaced the original gold plated head with something else-either stock or???.  I'd like to find an original gold head for my engine.  Does anyone have one I can buy ?   Thanks!

Dave

Phil Spillman:
Hi John, I have owned and used several Magic Blue Heads and have found them to superior to any others I've had and used! They were made by Tom Muggleston who is a fine machinist. He's also the one who made "Happy Camper" engines, which were Tower .40's modified with ball bearings and perhaps other things. In addition to the Magic Blue Head I added Super Tigre NVA, NO mods to the Block id, and a
stuffer Back Plate by Fox. My prop of choice for these engines was and still is the MAS 9 1/2 X 6 as manufactured by the company and NOT a cut down 10 X 6. You may recall my old El Diablo as flown with you many years ago! That plane was powered by such a Fox .35 with all the goodies mentioned.

Phil Spillman

PS Tom Muggleston is no longer making Magic Blue Heads Heads unless he return to production recently. TTBOMK!

Paul Wescott:

--- Quote from: Phil Spillman on May 25, 2022, 09:45:57 AM ---...He's also the one who made "Happy Camper" engines, which were Tower .40's modified with ball bearings and perhaps other things.
Phil Spillman

--- End quote ---

How does one visually identify a “Happy Camper” Tower .40?

PW

Paul Wescott:
I posted these pics of my L&J Fox 35 on FB.  Every time I post something there it turns up here like no one has ever seen it before, Lol!

Paul W.

Motorman:

--- Quote from: Phil Spillman on May 25, 2022, 09:45:57 AM ---Hi John, I have owned and used several Magic Blue Heads and have found them to superior to any others I've had and used!

--- End quote ---

Could you expand on that, what did they do to make the engine better?

Thanks,
Motorman 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version