General control line discussion > Open Forum

L&J Fox 35 with Blue Magic Head

(1/4) > >>

John Paris:
Everyone,
Just a general question about the L&J modified Fox 35 stunts and if Larry made some with the Blue Magic head.  Most I have seen used something similar to Randy Smith's hemi head.  Saw a picture of an engine, thought it was a SilverFoxx but later saw the L&J and number on the bottom.  Perhaps it was a modified version.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

John

De Hill:
Mine has a silver head.

I'll bet you could special order what you wanted.

Brett Buck:

--- Quote from: John Paris on May 21, 2022, 09:17:20 PM ---Everyone,
Just a general question about the L&J modified Fox 35 stunts and if Larry made some with the Blue Magic head.  Most I have seen used something similar to Randy Smith's hemi head.  Saw a picture of an engine, thought it was a SilverFoxx but later saw the L&J and number on the bottom.  Perhaps it was a modified version.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

--- End quote ---

I am not sure whether that is something Larry supplied, or someone else added it later. The Blue Magic head was a common tuning part in the 90's, RSM sold them. Someone told me they slightly extended the 4-stroke, a few hundred RPM, for the cases where you wanted it to break later in the corner.

Brett

Dan McEntee:
  Now I have to ask the question, got any idea how many after market heads were available?? The Marvin Denny/Fox Hemi head had the button head with the plug in the center. I think all the others I remember had angled plugs with flat surfaces?? I would have to go through my stuff and see what I have but I think I have at least one blue head. Anything specific that sets the Blue Magic head apart from the others in appearance beside the blue color??
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

John Paris:
Everyone,
Thank you for the responses so far.  Ty's purple head is not one I have see before.  My current SilverFoxx 35 has a purplish head, but it started as blue and has shifted color a bit over time.  As for heads on the Fox 35 I know of the standard high compression head that Fox made (have not seen one in years though- Bill Morbacher confirmed that they did exist when I asked hima couple years ago), the Blue Magic where the top of the plug points rearward, Randy Smith's head where the top of the plug points in the direction of the exhaust (not sure if this is the same as what Larry Foster used on his, but they look a lot alike), the Fox/Denny button style head that pointed straight up and one I found a few years ago that looks like a Smith head that was not completely finished.

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version