News:

• May 03, 2024, 03:07:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Legionnaires Disease has hit our club  (Read 887 times)

Mike Griffin

• Trade Count: (0)
Legionnaires Disease has hit our club
« on: May 31, 2015, 09:20:28 AM »
Tony Atzenhoffer who is the president of our club here in New Orleans, was admitted to the hospital last Wednesday with what was diagnosed as atypical Pneumonia.  They finally isolated the bacteria and he has Legionnaires disease.  There is a 12 week recovery from this disease and Tony is in his middle 70's.  He was very excited about making his trip to Brodak this year and of course now that will not be possible.

When I went to visit him, he was struggling for every breath he took and is very weak.  When you see friends or family suffering from a condition like this, everything is put into perspective very quick.  The only good news is that now they know how to treat it.

Please pull for Tony to get well.

Mike

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Legionnaires Disease has hit our club
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 05:55:10 PM »
Hi Mike my prayers are offered for Tony.
I couldn't find anything on line about an Outbreak of Legionaires in your area.  Have they identified the source for Tony's infection.

This stuff grows primarily in water fed cooling systems like large Evap Coolers etc.

I guess I'm worried about you my friend!  Do you frequent the same places as Tony!  Nasty, Nasty bacteria!

Randy Cuberly
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 10:08:01 PM by Randy Cuberly »
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Mike Griffin

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 08:57:39 PM »
Randy you are absolutely right,it is waterborne.  No one has any idea where he came in contact with it.  Nobody can figure out where he contacted it. 

Mike

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 10:13:22 PM »
Randy you are absolutely right,it is waterborne.  No one has any idea where he came in contact with it.  Nobody can figure out where he contacted it. 

Mike

An evaporative cooler system in his house?  A Bar etc.?  Most states now have regulations and health departs that require checking these things weekly or in some places bi-weekly for bacteria content.  Some areas do not comply.  That's where most of the large outbreaks have been traced to.

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here