General control line discussion > Open Forum

Lacquer Thinner

(1/3) > >>

Jay:
What is everybody using for Laquer thinner?  My old standby was Dupont or Carmax 3602S.
After doing an internet search nobody locally carries it.  Indy or California carries it at $50 shipping bringing the price to around $130 for one gallon. Ouch

Dan McEntee:
  Search here on the main forum and in the finishing section. there is a pretty recent thread in the finishing section. Choose your key words carefully. Many are using Kleen Strip from Lowes or Home Depot with good results. You need to read the ingredients. Some lacquer thinner i checked where I live simply says " Acetone" under the ingredients. It's gonna vary by state and state laws and regulations also. I bought some from a guy recently off FB Marketplace that had the same ingredients as Kleen Strip, but said "Brush Cleaner" on the can and was mostly in Spanish. it thins SIG dope just fine and my test sample has not changed a bit in 3 month of sitting on the shelf.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

Dave Harmon:

--- Quote from: Jay on April 16, 2024, 04:09:45 PM ---What is everybody using for Laquer thinner?  My old standby was Dupont or Carmax 3602S.
After doing an internet search nobody locally carries it.  Indy or California carries it at $50 shipping bringing the price to around $130 for one gallon. Ouch

--- End quote ---

Get it at Wal Mart....abt $20 gal.

Doug Moisuk:
Home Depot.

Mike Griffin:
Kleen Strip from Home Depot.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version