General control line discussion > Open Forum

Lacquer Thinner

<< < (3/3)

Dan McEntee:

--- Quote from: frank williams on April 17, 2024, 04:00:20 PM ---O'Riley auto parts ..... Dupont 3608S thinner

--- End quote ---

I haven't checked the paint stores and auto parts stores around here, recently for this, but it became hard to find years ago in some parts of the country, It was on one of Windy's videos years ago where I first heard him report that they couldn't get it in New Jersey and it was replaced with a 3608W that did not work at all. And add in that DuPont is now Axalta and I'm sure things have changed a lot!! In my research it does depend a lot on the state sometimes. I used to use 3608S a lot but haven't had to buy any in a long time. I just don't think its' available everywhere like it used to be.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

Larry Fernandez:
A point I would like to add. Klean Strip lacquer thinner flashes of fairly quick. This means that with any kind of humidity, you can experience blushing. A splash of retarder will take care of this problem.

Matt Colan:

--- Quote from: Larry Fernandez on April 18, 2024, 10:15:47 AM ---A point I would like to add. Klean Strip lacquer thinner flashes of fairly quick. This means that with any kind of humidity, you can experience blushing. A splash of retarder will take care of this problem.

--- End quote ---

Been using Klean Strip for years. Works great!! I don’t find the blushing to be a big deal as I use auto clear. As soon as the clear goes over the blushing, it disappears

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version