News:

• April 27, 2024, 02:07:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Junk Yard wars at Brodaks.... ??????????????????????????????????????????????????  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Anyone ever do the junk yard wars at Brodaks. How do you get on a team? I assume there is an engine limit and you have to bring one of your junker engines?

If Ryan and I go to the Brodaks Fly-in this year, we would like to play! #^ y1 :##
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Sign your team up and play. Bring tools, glue, duct tape, some even bring drills with power packs. Haven't seen a table saw yet. Must make one with a battery pack by now. The event is listed on your entrance form. Check box and pay. Probably will have to come up with an appropriate team name. Like TEAM ABSURD. I think engine must be a 25 or smaller. You can have the engine pod pre-built, engine and tank mounted. Palko knows about this better than I. He's been known to win. But not when teamed with me. The wood is pulpy, sappy and green used in packing veggies and fruit. It's piled up in the middle of a circle. When the gun, bell or siren sounds, team members rush in, sort the mess and you start to build. You're timed but have an hour to build. Score is a function of how quick you build and how well your plane flies. Many rules and the award of points are mysterious and subjective. O there's a judge. Flapping wings are o.k. Have seen planes loop with flapping wings. Kind of an Aztec or Inca event. You do the ritual and someone on high decrees who wins and looses. No human sacrifice tho. Must be the insurance liability. (Skip the previous four sentences if they confuse.) Good idea to have cute girls and kids paint your plane. This also count for points.

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Team Rootbeard would be a great name!

Anybody have any pictures of some of the planes (junk) that flew last year?

Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Bob Zambelli

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
Paul - I will be running Junkyard Wars again this year.   VD~ VD~ VD~

Make sure and sign up as participation is limited - check out the registration form.

What Dennis said sums it up quite well. Maybe we can work in a human sacrifice this year!!! (Dennis?????????????) ;)

Prepare yourself for some insane fun!!!  ~^ #^ LL~ LL~

I will post some pictures soon.

Bob Z.

Offline linheart smith

• Commander
I did not get a photo of the finished airplane, but this is what Mike Palko and his team started with.

Linheart

linheart

Offline Robert McHam

• Admiral
I have never heard of such a thing! Well, I have seen the Junkyard Wars on TV but I am pumped that the idea has caught on in such a way as this!

I think that a lot of others would get a kick out of this. Some of the magazines should jump on this. Probably would make a great human interest story for local news media as well.

We need more pics, and some video!

Robert
Crop circles are simply open invitations to fly C/L!

Offline Ward Van Duzer

• Admiral
This isn't really something new. We did this years ago at the circle burners. Called it the "Great Grape Crate Caper" (we used supermarket grape crates) or something as absurd!

Yep, still have that trophy!

H^^
I hate spelling errors, you mess up 2 letters and you are urined!

Don't hesitate to ask dumb questions.
They are easier to handle than dumb mistakes!  Ward-O AMA 6022

Offline Bob Zambelli

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
You asked for it, you got it. 

Pictures from various Junkyard Wars.

Questions welcome.

Bob Z.

Advertise Here
Tags: