News:

• April 27, 2024, 08:20:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Joe Beshar  (Read 1028 times)

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Joe Beshar
« on: August 27, 2014, 05:06:56 PM »
A long time mover and shaker in District II has passed. Joe Beshar was a VP for a while, and accomplished a great deal in helping obtain/retain flying sites. The Bergen County, NJ site stands as a tribute: a beautiful RC site with a paved runway and covered pit area, it was Joe's brainchild from the onset.
Joe also accompanied Rich Giacobone and me on many sit-downs with the County in effort to get a place to fly control line. He also pushed for a permanent CL site in the area.
Joe was also a hero B-17 pilot in WWII.
I'll miss the crotchety old guy....
https://www.modelaircraft.org/files/BesharJosephJJoe.pdf

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Joe Beshar
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 05:36:08 PM »
Thanks, Rich?

Never met or had direct contact with Joe, but watched his VP columns over the years...

Another of the "founders" gone.

Just gets me closer to the door, I guess.

He should be missed...
\BEST\LOU

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 06:22:40 PM »
I also remember reading Joe's Columns.  Sad to hear another Modeler has passed from us.

God Speed, and fair winds Joe!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 06:52:24 PM »
Years ago I spent a lot of time with Joe. I remember vividly visiting often with him and his absolutely charming wife, Mary Jane (if memory serves) at their beautiful home in Oradell, NJ. At that time I lived just a short distance from Joe, in Woodcliff Lake.

Yes, Joe was a curmudgeon of sorts most of the time at the Trade Shows, but in his own environment he was a truly great guy and a gifted modeler, with a fine sense of humor, and a love of fellow modelers.

He will be missed.

God Speed Joe...

Bob Hunt

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 07:54:16 PM »
  I was fortunate to meet Joe in the mid-1980s during my R/C sailplane days. The club I was a member of at the time, The Mississippi Valley Soaring Association, put on the first FAI team trials for the first electric world champs US team in 1986, and Joe attended as a member of the jury. He also came back to the St. Louis area for the second electric world champs in 1988. He, along with club memer Cal Ettle were real movers and shakers in the early electric R/C movement. Very nice guy to talk to and lived a lot of model aviation history. Great guy and great modeler.
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here