News:

• May 10, 2024, 09:28:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: J & J Control line centrel  (Read 3087 times)

Offline GEOFFREY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • Northwest Fireballs
J & J Control line centrel
« on: April 06, 2011, 01:05:44 PM »
  what am i missing . i have called 505-332-8007  nice lady answers on voice machine and tell me they are open and that if i want to talk to someone make a appointment and then hangs up ,, no beep just hang up??? need some help outthere , or a new number for tom morris orders.
GEOFFREY L CHRISTIANSON  AMA 824607             DELTA PARK Portland Or.

Offline WhittleN

• Commander
Re: J & J Control line centrel
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 01:29:10 PM »
 e-mail them at clcentral@msn.com they are excellent
Norm

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 02:30:54 PM »
  what am i missing . i have called 505-332-8007  nice lady answers on voice machine and tell me they are open and that if i want to talk to someone make a appointment and then hangs up ,, no beep just hang up??? need some help outthere , or a new number for tom morris orders.

Something must be amiss with their answering machine. They always give the best service. Like Norm said, send an e-mail.
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 04:50:52 PM »
Give them a break as Jim has a full time job.   Just send him a message via E-Mail thru his contact info on the site.   H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Kelly Wilson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 10:18:34 AM »
Does anyone know if there is a problem here? I know these folks only do this as a sideline and for the love of the hobby, but I have called numerous times, left messages and sent emails. My last email was two weeks ago and have yet to get a response.

I am not being critical. I just wanted to know if anyone else is having any luck in making contact with them or is there some family problem or something?

Offline Brian Massey

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • California Car Clubs
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 11:19:02 AM »
Well I wasn't going to weigh in here because I've been accused of throwing "tirads" in the past; but oh well, here goes . . . I placed an order on 3/16 and received an email stating it would be filled after his return from VSC. Last week I emailed asking for the status of the order. No response. On top of that, they have never shipped backordered items from an order I Placed two months ago, nor have they given me any status of that.

I'm sure they are nice folks, and God bless them for supporting the hobby, But, they are operating a business and accepting people's money. They need to respond to people who have an issue, and not just ignor them. If there are legitimate reasons for the delay, just post, or have someone post a note on this forum; I think we are all resonable.

Brian
While flying the pattern, my incompetence always exceeds my expectations.

AMA 55421
Madera, CA

Offline Russ Danneman

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 11:29:52 AM »
sent an email bout 2 weeks ago ,about some decals never got response. hope everything is ok.  rd
FLY LOW FLY FAST  RISKY BUSINESS

Offline W.D. Roland

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 12:18:04 PM »
OK
After sneaking around through a few back doors and such was able to speak with Emily.
All of the following is from a short conversation.

After return from VSC they have been moving house and both working full time jobs to boot.

Emily transfered me to Jims cell. Answering machine... left a message he needs to check in here.

also let Emily know that the J&J answering machine was not working right.

To me doing small business like J&J is HARD and very time consuming even if part time.
Face it, we don't buy enough for someone to make a living so full time job has to come first.
Moving probably is eating up 100% of the time normally used for J&J.

We need these persons and the  Quality stuff the mfg/sell!
Good stuff. Have made what I consider the best possible PA control system from the components from J&J

Seem to be good people in a bind for time.
Lets give them a little time.

David
David Roland

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 12:50:47 PM »
All they needed to do was make a quick post on the site letting people know what was going on.  Everyone would be cool with it if they know.  Otherwise people start getting antsy. H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Brian Massey

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • California Car Clubs
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 09:02:03 PM »
Perhaps thanks to Mr. Roland, I got an automated response from CL Central today that my order has been shipped. No indication about my backordered items, or a replacement item, so we'll see.

Thanks W.D.!

Brian

AMA 55421
Madera, CA

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2011, 09:21:14 PM »
 I've always had great service from Jim and Emily J&J. Hopefully they finish their move soon and things can get back to normal.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Clint Ormosen

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2011, 09:32:21 PM »
I've always had great service from Jim and Emily J&J. Hopefully they finish their move soon and things can get back to normal.

I'm sure they will. I get all my stuff from them and they've helped me out with some rush jobs. Good people!
-Clint-

AMA 559593
Finding new and innovated ways to screw up the pattern since 1993

Offline W.D. Roland

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 10:12:57 PM »

Hope so Brian
First time ever that it was possible to build a control system as adjustable as real racecars. COOL STUFF! y1

Hard to see in this pic through back of canopy and good layer of balsa dust but,,,the stuff from J&J allowed me to build 100% adjustable controls and eliminate all bellcrank geometry goofyness.Well 99.97307% ( LL~)

4 separate push rods, all lengths adjustable (LH&RH) with small end wrench and all in same location.
David Roland

Offline Jim Snelson

• Lieutenant
    • Control Line Central
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2011, 10:40:47 PM »
Hi all,

Sorry for the delays in being able to get back to you all but I have had some family issues I have had to deal with which I am not going to go into here on the forums. The least of which was moving to a new house and not having internet access during the move and very littel time to go to the shop to deal with orders and muchless emails. Sometimes in life there are things that just more important than business and all that.

I will point out that I never run a credit card or cash a check until the order has shipped.

I am finally getting to a point where I can get back into the shop to get orders out.

Brian your complete order did go out tonight. I had to make a few of the items I had run out of at VSC and have not had time to replinish stock on. But they are done and shipped.

I have checked the answering service at the shop and it appears to work fine for me. I will say I have had many hang up calls over the past couple of weeks But not many messages. One thing I will mention is that the beep is not very loud after the message so you have to listen carefully.

Once again I am sorry for any delays in getting back to any of you. If I have not answered an email or phone call from please email me again at clcentral@msn.com and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thank you all for your orders and business.

Jim Snelson
www.clcentral.com

Offline Brian Massey

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • California Car Clubs
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2011, 11:55:29 PM »
Hi all,

Sorry for the delays in being able to get back to you all but I have had some family issues I have had to deal with which I am not going to go into here on the forums. The least of which was moving to a new house and not having internet access during the move and very littel time to go to the shop to deal with orders and muchless emails. Sometimes in life there are things that just more important than business and all that.

I will point out that I never run a credit card or cash a check until the order has shipped.

I am finally getting to a point where I can get back into the shop to get orders out.

Brian your complete order did go out tonight. I had to make a few of the items I had run out of at VSC and have not had time to replinish stock on. But they are done and shipped.

I have checked the answering service at the shop and it appears to work fine for me. I will say I have had many hang up calls over the past couple of weeks But not many messages. One thing I will mention is that the beep is not very loud after the message so you have to listen carefully.

Once again I am sorry for any delays in getting back to any of you. If I have not answered an email or phone call from please email me again at clcentral@msn.com and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Jim Snelson
www.clcentral.com

Hi Jim;

Thanks for the response! I'm sorry that you've had family issues to deal with; never fun under any circumstances; and I'm sure the moving just complicated everything. I'm looking forward to receiveing the order  #^ #^ .  I hope all settles down for you soon, and you can get your life back to normal, what ever that is  n~

I do love your products and look forward to doing more business with you.

Again, the resonse is greatly appreciated, as is your support of our hobby!

Brian

AMA 55421
Madera, CA

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 05:11:48 AM »
Jim is amazing -

What would we do without Control line Central ? I've got heaps of stuff - Always superb service.
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 10:16:31 AM »
Hi all,

(snip)

Jim Snelson
www.clcentral.com

Hi Jim,

Thanks for coming here and letting everyone know your status.  I know how hard running a second business can be, and y'all have done a great job in the past.  Knowing you were at VSC, I figured a time delay would occur at that time but not everyone is aware of such things.  Hopefully everything will settle back down and business, as usual, can return.  CLC is a great asset to the stunt community!

Good luck!
Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 04:59:11 PM »
It is great that they made it home from VSC okay.  Great couple and I think the demented poodle was almost ready to adopt them. LL~ LL~  It was great having someone watch her while I played.   H^^  Now we need to give them time to catch up and rest up.   D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here