News:

• May 14, 2024, 05:39:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: National Balsa  (Read 4113 times)

Offline Greg McCoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • flying tiger B24 gunnery school patch Laredo
National Balsa
« on: August 17, 2010, 07:02:47 PM »
I want to put in a good word National Balsa. The shipment was quick (as UPS moves). The wood is straight.

Got a piece of rock hard 1/2 x 3 that may just have to go to a Fox MK6 Mongoose.

If you get the current coupon code they throw something in, for me it was 1/2 oz of C/A.

I shopped around, and there's one place only selling bundles which is out of the budget. National sells by the piece.

Support the SH sponsors.

Greg
AMA 77370

Offline Damian_Sheehy

• Lieutenant
Re: National Balsa
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 07:23:49 PM »
I'll second that.  y1  I've gotten excellent materials from them.
The last time I got quality balsa like that it was in a Carl Goldberg kit.
And of course I mention that I saw their ad on SH.
I'm at a loss for the coupon code though. . .  ???

Damian

Offline MrSteve09

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 08:47:15 PM »
I guess I'm pretty lucky,... last week I needed a long piece of 1/32 plywood for fuselage doubler so I just stopped in at National Balsa and picked
up a 1/32 X 12 X 48 inch long piece.  Erik at National Balsa has always treated me right.  I'd reccommed his company and products to anyone!!

Steve T.
Monson, MA

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 11:35:26 PM »
I have used National a few times and Lone Star since both are Stunt Hanger supporters.. 

Haven't tried Lone Star since the fire.  My last order with National was excellent, good wood, good prices, quick shipment..

Mongo
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 09:10:07 AM »
I recently ordered about $80 worth of 4-6 lb. balsa from National.  And that is exactly what I got!  The quality is excellent, and the package arrived quickly and without damage.

Floyd
90 years, but still going (mostly)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 12:32:13 PM »
I've never had a problem with either one.   Just need to get a list of wood for my next project. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 12:38:55 PM »
Haven't tried Lone Star since the fire.  My last order with National was excellent, good wood, good prices, quick shipment..
I just got a bunch of balsa from Lone Star, most of it was their "salvage" balsa.  The prices are excellent, the wood is nice, the service is friendly -- I'll order from them again.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline John Ashford

• AMA Member
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 12:04:37 AM »
As most of you know, I build an occasional plane for customers.  I have ordered balsa from some of our prominent suppliers but have been very disappointed.   I order by grain as well as weight and make this very clear on my order.  I also pay a premium for the material but unfortunately the past few years I have had to cull at least 30% of the material as unusable for my  stand   I usually order between 2-500.00 depending on my inventory and backstock of orders.  One can readily see that if you are paying premium prices and then not using 1/3 of your order.  That makes your net cost very high

You guys all seem to like National and I respect the knowledge of some of the responders sooooooooooooooooooo   How do I get ahold of National Balsa   Web site? ? ?    Email? ?? ?

Sure appreciate the help fellows.

Later,  John

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 05:18:46 AM »
As most of you know, I build an occasional plane for customers.  I have ordered balsa from some of our prominent suppliers but have been very disappointed.   I order by grain as well as weight and make this very clear on my order.  I also pay a premium for the material but unfortunately the past few years I have had to cull at least 30% of the material as unusable for my  stand   I usually order between 2-500.00 depending on my inventory and backstock of orders.  One can readily see that if you are paying premium prices and then not using 1/3 of your order.  That makes your net cost very high

You guys all seem to like National and I respect the knowledge of some of the responders sooooooooooooooooooo   How do I get ahold of National Balsa   Web site? ? ?    Email? ?? ?

Sure appreciate the help fellows.

Later,  John

http://www.nationalbalsa.com/

Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 11:56:58 AM »

Sooo, what do you do with the wood you don't use?   S?P
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here