News:

• April 26, 2024, 12:52:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is brotherhoodofthering gone?  (Read 1591 times)

Offline KenP51

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • K Pitts
Is brotherhoodofthering gone?
« on: May 20, 2021, 03:58:49 PM »
Got an email reply to a link on brotherhoodofthering I have been following Monday, but could not reach the site then or since. All I get is an immediate "This site can’t be reached".

Does anyone know if the site is gone or just  experiencing prolonged technical issues.

Ken
But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Offline Steve Berry

• Captain
Re: Is brotherhoodofthering gone?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 06:12:30 PM »
Up for me. Just logged in and all seems well.

Steve

Offline KenP51

• Commander
  • K Pitts
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 08:58:24 PM »
It is strange. Since yu said you can access it I tried from my phone using Chrome and from my tablet. Worked fine. On my laptop, Brave (default), Chrome, Edge won't work and give the same error. But Firefox works.
I will have to trouble shoot this.
Thanks for telling me it worked for you. There are contacts there that I don't have anyplace. One the wife and I will be moving not that far from. I really hated the thought of loosing him and other contacts.

Ken

Offline GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 10:42:14 PM »
I thought BOTR was gone or borked, but found out that Firefox somehow thought it was using https. I removed the "s" and it came up immediately. Don't know why people have shied away from posting there, because it still is a good place to post C/L stuff.

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 10:59:59 PM »
It is strange. Since yu said you can access it I tried from my phone using Chrome and from my tablet. Worked fine. On my laptop, Brave (default), Chrome, Edge won't work and give the same error. But Firefox works.
I will have to trouble shoot this.
Thanks for telling me it worked for you. There are contacts there that I don't have anyplace. One the wife and I will be moving not that far from. I really hated the thought of loosing him and other contacts.

Ken

I'm seeing tremendous compatibility issues with browsers now, unless it's just me.  :)  I've recently had to use Chrome, Edge and Internet explorer in one night to complete some basic listing and shipping functions on eBay.  Crazy!

What's more surprising to me is that clicking on some icons results in completely different menu choices depending on the browser I'm using.  And, about once or twice a night, the pages come up in German text.  I would have absolutely no clue what to do if not for 20+ years of experience doing it, and the screens return to the English language a couple of choices downline ...

At least eBay acknowledges compatibility issues.  So many other websites deny.  Is anyone else experiencing a lot of this very recently?
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline KenP51

• Commander
  • K Pitts
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2021, 09:29:42 AM »
It is strange. I was on BHOTR recently. Then Brave wanted to update, then Norton. Hadn't gone back to BHOTR till I got an email notification, and then it didn't work. It was Firefox that worked for me no sweat, but no other bowser on the computer (Windows 10). But on my android phone and tablet I use Chrome and Brave, and had no problem, once I had a clue to check them. Haven't put in the Ubuntu stick in the computer yet to check that.

I can see that the actual code base will be different for different operating systems even though they look the same.

At least I have work arounds now.

Ken

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2021, 02:31:03 PM »
I thought BOTR was gone or borked, but found out that Firefox somehow thought it was using https. I removed the "s" and it came up immediately. Don't know why people have shied away from posting there, because it still is a good place to post C/L stuff.

One of the fishing sites I go to does this because the owner doesn't want to or see the need to have the site "secured", since nothing is sold online there. It's easy to overlook that, since it isn't even required to type in the "www" anymore.  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2021, 02:50:38 PM »
I too have tried to logon to the Ringmaster forum.  Using lap top and main computer I keep getting, site can not be found.  Of course the last time I was able to get on Dee and my self were the only ones logged in.  No others for several days.  I guess it is another fad that has gone down the river like several other forums. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2021, 03:27:46 PM »
I too have tried to logon to the Ringmaster forum.  Using lap top and main computer I keep getting, site can not be found.  Of course the last time I was able to get on Dee and my self were the only ones logged in.  No others for several days.  I guess it is another fad that has gone down the river like several other forums. D>K

Works for me.
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline KenP51

• Commander
  • K Pitts
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2021, 08:19:18 PM »

Install Firefox. That works for me. Also android devices work, phone, tablet and I would assume an apple device should work.

The site is up.

By the way way John You a George were the main 2 I was worrying about losing contact with. We are still going to be heading your way sort of. Changing for a verity of reasons to Missouri, likely mid way on the western side of the state. still just a couple of hours away. Will post more on this on BHOTR.

I will post on the BROTR and let them know the problems getting on to the site.

Ken

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2021, 02:23:09 PM »
Hey Ken post on here too. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline Mike Hazel

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2021, 07:36:16 PM »
This may be a stupid or naive idea, but could the BOTR site somehow be incorporated with Stunthangar????????

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2021, 02:05:46 PM »
I suspect the problem is from the big increase of trolls, hackers, paid or self/paid crooks.  I think Firefox went through something like 6-8 versions in the last 6 months, all with major changes, particularly with the interfacing.  Not to mention governments, spy agencies, armed forces, and other groups hacking around.

phil Cartier

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2021, 07:49:32 AM »
I have just come from the BotR site.   Nothing posted as to what was going on. ???
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203

Offline GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2021, 08:49:58 AM »
I have just come from the BotR site.   Nothing posted as to what was going on. ???

Problem was browser related. BOTR does not use https: secure mode, it uses http: unsecure mode, but my Firefox changed address to secure. The original link I saved as a bookmark has it as http: and it works.

This is probably why you didn't see much about the problem because it really wasn't a problem with the site itself. The conspiracy theory that there has been a lot of unusual hacking lately is probably true. (Remember, Noah was a conspiracy theorist for 100 years, until the rains came and swept everyone else away.  ;D )

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here