News:

• April 27, 2024, 10:35:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: High quality, stiff Teflon tubing for use with CA bottles  (Read 829 times)

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
High quality, stiff Teflon tubing for use with CA bottles
« on: March 04, 2009, 02:46:42 PM »
Hi all:

I have the opportunity to purchase a fairly large roll of very high quality Teflon tubing. This is the type of tubing that is used to apply CA glue accurately right from the bottle.

I've used lots of Teflon tubing in my building over the years, and almost all that I have tried is fairly limp and when it is pressed on - as when applying glue along a seam between a rib and the sheeting - it folds back and makes the gluing process difficult. I'm also having trouble finding any tubing of this type in hobby shops anymore. To few builders are asking for it apparently, and the hobby shops have simply stopped ordering it.

I just received a sample of some that really holds its shape when pressed into a joint or seam. It is stiffer than any that I have come across before, and I like it - a lot! It also does not clog often like the other tubing I've tried does. Here the rub: I have to buy this stuff in 500 foot long rolls in order to get the price down to a reasonable amount per foot. The question I have is this. How many builders out there would be interested in purchasing this type of tubing from me in 4 foot lengths for $5.00? This is about as low as I can go on the price and still make it worthwhile doing. I can buy it in shorter rolls, but the price per foot goes way, way up.

If anyone is interested in this offer, please email me at: robinhunt@rcn.com. or phone me at: 610-746-0106.

This transaction would not be through my Robin's View Production company, but rather a personal venture. If not enough are interested, I'll simply buy a much shorter roll of it and bite the bullet on cost and just use it for my personal modeling.

Later - Bob Hunt

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here