News:

• April 26, 2024, 08:01:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hi Johnson Stunt and Carrier Contest--Lost and Found  (Read 736 times)

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Hi Johnson Stunt and Carrier Contest--Lost and Found
« on: October 04, 2019, 09:42:57 PM »
Just a reminder, guys, about the upcoming annual Hi Johnson stunt and carrier contest. This is put on by the Valley Circle Burners and will be on October 12th and 13th. Stunt will include Old Time, Classic, and PAMPA classes based on entries. This will be at the main VCB field: Apollo XI Field, Sepulveda Basin.

Two circles for stunt on Saturday and Sunday. Carrier on a separate circle from stunt on Sunday. Restrooms on the field. Spectator area is grass with a limited shade tree. EZ-Ups recommended.

Register at the field starting at 7:30 a.m.  Pilot's meeting at 8:30.

Carrier will be run as a single event, with percent of record determining the winner.

More info in the announcement under Events, here on the 'hanger.

Dave Hull
President, VCB
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 12:38:40 AM by Dave Hull »

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Hi Johnson Stunt and Carrier Contest--Weather and Fire Impact
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 10:37:20 PM »
Flyers,

Registration for the Hi Johnson starts at 7:30 a.m. with the pilot's meeting scheduled for 8:30. The circles are in as good a shape as they have been in the last couple of years. Major portions were freshly marked today.

A Santa Ana weather pattern is forecast for the contest weather. However, the windspeed is projected to be under 7 mph until late in the afternoon. That was the pattern today at the field, and it was very light until 2:00 p.m.

The high winds seen on television and in news reports of the Saddle Ridge fire seem to be limited to the north edge of the valley. Smoke today at the field was minimal, although tomorrow it may be a factor if the winds blow south tonight (they are) and reverse tomorrow morning and suck it back into the valley before it settles. The 5 freeway has been reopened, as well as the 210 eastbound (ie. traffic should start moving again). The evacuation has been lifted for areas south of the 118.

I hope all of our members and families that live in that direction are safe, and that their homes and businesses are all ok.

Dave

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Hi Johnson Stunt and Carrier Contest--Lost and Found
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 12:42:19 AM »
Two days of flying with really good weather. Not too hot; very little wind. Smoke from the fires was never really an issue Saturday and was non-existent on Sunday. I think I saw two broken props (one on the carrier circle, making it de rigueur), and one muffler-burner finger.

Thanks to all the officials, judges, helpers, field maintenance workers--and everyone that came out to fly!

I will try to post the stunt results in the Events section soon.

The lost and found box now has a set of batteries in it. Contact me here to describe and claim if you are missing some electron-pushing equipment. I apologize in advance if I accidentally got any castor oil on it....

Dave
Valley Circle Burners

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Hi Johnson Stunt and Carrier Contest--LA CA
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 11:57:02 PM »
Our unnamed electron-pusher has stepped up to claim the battery packs.

The Lost and Found Department is now closed.

Dave
VCB

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here