News:

• April 26, 2024, 03:28:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help Identify  (Read 689 times)

Offline Jim Carter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Help Identify
« on: January 22, 2019, 02:37:02 PM »
 :)  Howdy guys!  I've attached a couple of photos of a model that one of my flying buddies would like to identify.  It belonged to his grandfather (pictured, Mr. Robert Kurtz, deceased, formerly of Reading PA.) and he asked me if I could identify the plane.  He said he was told that it may have been from either a Berkeley or Veco kit.  Honestly, I'm at a loss but hopefully someone may be able to provide him an answer.  Thanks in advance guys! :)

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
Re: Help Identify
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 03:19:21 PM »
it looks like a flying clown with a built up body
rad racer

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 04:37:50 PM »
it looks like a flying clown with a built up body

Yes, it do...maybe Super Clown. Could have just been converted to upright engine, and the ugly canopy/fastback removed. It appears to be an O&R, maybe a .29 with the plain silver head. Also looks like possibly a TF "Power Prop".   D>K Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 05:20:21 PM »
Too small for a Super Clown. A Flying Clown with upright engine.

Dave

Offline Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 05:29:17 PM »
Could be a modified Enterprise or Sterling  Maverick
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 06:07:45 PM by Tony Drago »

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 10:55:04 AM »
Too small for a Super Clown. A Flying Clown with upright engine.

Dave

Since we don't know how big Grampa was, and having nothing else for "scale"....I thought the plane was too big to be a "Flying Clown". An O&R .19 or .23 would look very large on a Flying Clown; a .29 on a Super Clown would look more in proportion, IMO. Too bad the OP doesn't have any more information.  Regardless, that would have made it a PDQ kit. D>K Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2019, 11:38:57 AM »
 :)  Thanks for your responses guys!  I have forwarded a link to this page to the young man and encouraged him to register with the site.  You guys are all right!!   ;)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here