News:

• May 07, 2024, 01:42:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Having a bad day...  (Read 1486 times)

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
Having a bad day...
« on: May 29, 2007, 02:47:20 PM »
Brodak is less that two weeks away and I am not even close to being ready for another flying season. The only airplane I own that is half way in trim is the TwistMaster.. Have 4 other stunt ships, two I built and two ARF's that aren't even close to being ready for competition.. Been raining on and off for two weeks and finaly got a little break.. Of course my flying field is knee deep and needed mowing.. Jumped on the little rider, got about 1/3rd of my field mowed and the engine froze up.

Soooo tried to mow it with the big tractor, big mistake, the ground is still soft from the rain and I now have tractor tire tracks in my circle  :-[

Not a good day.....

Offline Keith Spriggs

• Captain
    • khspriggs
Re: Having a bad day...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 05:08:04 PM »
Maybe you need to write off the competing this year and go and just enjoy the fellowship and with nothing else to think about you can really enjoy your self. Just a thought.

Offline Lee Thiel

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 06:07:26 PM »
Hey Bob,  How bout Thursday, if it ain't rainin, I bring my mower over and finish the circle? :!
Lee TGD
AMA791773CD

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 06:33:53 PM »
Lee, really appreciate the offer, just got back from Home Depot.. the new mower will be delivered on Thursday. Bought one of the new Cub Cadet zero turn lawn tractors. Now I won't have to make 4 passes to get the very center of my circle mowed..

Was actually surprised the old Murry lasted as long as it did, it was wore out when we got it , figured if it would last two years we would be ahead of the game, it went 4 so it didn't owe me anything...

Thanks you are a good friend..
Bob

Offline Lee Thiel

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 08:22:22 PM »
Hey Bob, Congrats on the new mower.  Is the Murry the one you got from Mitch? Let me know when you want to go lookat those flale mowers.
Lee TGD
AMA791773CD

Offline Marvin Denny

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 08:42:43 PM »
  Hey Bob--  I just smashed my Novi IV in Topeka.  I got to pull the old Novi III out of mothballs and get it up to speed.
  Less than two weeks til we leave to brodaks.

Marvin

marvin Denny  AMA  499

Offline Keith Spriggs

• Captain
    • khspriggs
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 10:32:43 PM »
  Hey Bob--  I just smashed my Novi IV in Topeka. 
  Marvin

I was there and saw it all. IT WAS NOT PILOT ERROR something gave up internally.

Offline Bob Zambelli

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 06:00:36 AM »
Bob - You can borrow some of my planes if you wish.

I will have the profile Cardinal that many people have flown. I will also have a few others, including my spark ignition Viking. Or, the Stinger.

One requirement - You're not allowed to beat me with any of my planes!   n1 n1
That seems to happen whenever I loan someone a plane!!!!

Bob Z

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 06:50:44 AM »
  Hey Bob--  I just smashed my Novi IV in Topeka.  I got to pull the old Novi III out of mothballs and get it up to speed.
  Less than two weeks til we leave to brodaks.

Marvin

Marvin and Bob (Reeves),
This is a bad month. Took the Bislob off the wall to check it out. Wind was 20 - 25pmh, first flight was challenging but okay. Second flight, engine too rich, did a few dumb things, the famous rapid yaw oscillation condition gave me a plane headed right for me. Almost saved it, cracked fuselage aft of wings and lower right wing. "Hope" to fix it before Brodak's and enter in an Ugliest Plane category  HB~>

Roger
Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline Charlie Pate

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 09:57:46 AM »
Bob!
 Here,s a tip on your Cub Cadet .
 If it has a Kohler engine , you MUST run 10w-30w oil;Do not run 30w.. The V n12 Kohler has hyd. lifters
(they look exactly like a chevy.) .If you run straight weight you very likely will live to regret it and soon!
 If it has the kawasaki, run the Kaw , factory oil; It will double your engine warranty.
  The biggest problem with zero turn units is people tend to find out how fast they can mow with them
 and do just that.The slower you go, the better you mow. They cut a good looking yard.
 Will quick take offs and blinding turns hurt them?No more than it will your car.
 Hyd. replacement units ain,t cheap and driven properly , last a long , long time.(Hydro Gear I beleive.
Any questions just email me and I will try to answer them.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 10:04:23 AM »
Hey Charlie,  were you running the Kohler in your racing truck??  **) **)
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 10:58:51 AM »
Wow, haven't lost any planes, have to fly in order to crash  ;D

Sorry to hear about your Novi Marvin and your Bislob Roger.. I kinda took last year off due to about the same stuff I am dealing with this year, was hoping this year would be different but so far no such luck.. Seems like the non airplane list is getting longer the harder I work to shorten it.

Part of the problem with my airplanes is I have been spoiled by the engine runs I am getting out of the Saito 40 on the TwistMaster and I can't seem to find the right combination of trim and props on the others to equal it.

At least I am going to Brodaks, will be fun no matter what..

Thanks for the encouragement guys and the tips on the Kohler Charlie....

Offline Bradley Walker

• Admiral
    • The Urban Rifleman
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 11:48:02 AM »
wow, that is so cool!!!

Do you remember the ground RPM?
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 04:44:30 PM »
wow, that is so cool!!!

Do you remember the ground RPM?

Not off hand but will be able to say first of next week.. This rain is suppose to clear off and need to get some practice time on something I know works.. Haven't flown a complete pattern since our contest last September.

Think I remember something around 8200 but after I figured out I could set the needle better by ear than trying to use a tach I haven't put a tach on it in quite a while..

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here