News:

• April 27, 2024, 05:07:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: HAVE BRAIN FART! HELP??? Bruce-Mike-anyone???  (Read 959 times)

Offline Shultzie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
HAVE BRAIN FART! HELP??? Bruce-Mike-anyone???
« on: March 16, 2007, 01:19:47 PM »
Bruce...Mikey!!! YOU YOUNGSTERS...MIGHT SOMEDAY...BEGIN TO SUFFER BRAIN FARTS?

Please add a name to our long time friend shown with his brand new cougar?

He lived in an apartment with his new wife who INTENSELY DIDN'T LIKE MODEL ADDICTS ...and especially didn't like the smell of Aero Gloss. Because of that he often  would have to drive over to my apartment to work on his "SMELLY MODELS that made his beloved new bride wanna hurl!

Why is it that  I can remember my old VW Oregon license plate on my old rag top 62VW! and even remember just how nicely that Cougar flew the corners...

But sooooooooooooo Sad to say.....  I can't recall our dear friend in Balsa's name?
HELP ME GANG! Yes! this is my brain on drugs....
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 06:31:28 PM by Shultzie »
Don Shultz

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
Re: HAVE BRAIN FART! HELP??? Bruce-Mike-anyone???
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 09:44:15 AM »
Boy are you in trouble. It sounds to me that you are loosing some of your old brain cells, but of cource I don't know his name either and my common sence has all but dissapeared. Why would I write this just to tell you I don't know the guys name?

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 04:42:41 PM »
I guess I should have made a copy of this and taken it to the field today.  VSC IX us now history.  Watch for results later after the banquet.  A lot of guys didn't fly when the wind came up, but, three out four is not bad for a contest.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 05:31:49 PM »
I don't know who he is, but that is a BEAUTIFUL COLOR on that Cougar, and it looks like he really did a good job building it!

I wonder what that color is.................

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Bill Sawyer

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 05:50:41 PM »
The color sort of reminds me of the metallic maroon that Aero Gloss sold. I only painted one plane with it and it never did dry - had to scrape it off a week after I painted it and it was still wet. That was the only paint I had problems with from Aero Gloss. Never tried that color again because I was afraid it might happen again.
Bill Sawyer
AMA 53987
Windancer Models

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 06:33:16 PM »
The color sort of reminds me of the metallic maroon that Aero Gloss sold. I only painted one plane with it and it never did dry - had to scrape it off a week after I painted it and it was still wet. That was the only paint I had problems with from Aero Gloss. Never tried that color again because I was afraid it might happen again.

I painted my Smoothie with Aero Gloss Metallic Maroon 40 odd years ago....... mine just didn't look that that!  ;D

Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline bruce malm

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 12:17:53 PM »
Smotzie,
His name is Bill Berdrow. I remember being at your apartment when we heard some rhythmic banging on the wall. You had to explain that his wife was
pregnant and the only way they could have fun was using the kitchen table. I remember he traded in a 1963 Impala and a Corvair and bought one of the first Ford Mustangs when they came out. After the Army he went back south and got back into drag racing again. When I was out on ORI's (Overseas Readiness Inspection) before heading back to Viet Nam, I had and inspector that ran brackets at Orange county using a de-stroked 390. He said Bill was in the hospital and wasn't sure if he was going to make it. I never found out when I got back. The inspector said he had been using the Ford 427 cammer and had recently switched back to a Dodge Hemi. Bill came off the line in a big wheely and when it came down it snapped the wishbone and he went end over end. I might of learned more if I had taken on wrench duties for some friends who bought the Blue Max Funny car in the late seventies. But I finally had a new Ski boat and I wanted to spend a lot more time with Teena after getting out of the service. Besides, Cordett wasn't even going  to let me drive it.

Bruce

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here