News:

• May 13, 2024, 11:55:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Happy Memorial Day  (Read 242 times)

Offline Larry Fernandez

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Happy Memorial Day
« on: May 25, 2020, 02:40:14 PM »
Hi all,
I hope you are all enjoying your Holiday. But while grilling steaks, burgers and dogs, drinking beer and wine, please take a moment to think about our fallen hero's and the families they never returned to.
Their lives were the price for our freedoms.
God bless this great country.

Larry, Buttafucco Stunt Team

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Happy Memorial Day
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 02:48:15 PM »
 Yes Sir, I have to agree, God has blessed this Nation, and I THANK all Military  Personal serving, and having served, God Bless all of You
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline Warren Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 06:35:36 PM »
Hi all,
I hope you are all enjoying your Holiday. But while grilling steaks, burgers and dogs, drinking beer and wine, please take a moment to think about our fallen hero's and the families they never returned to.
Their lives were the price for our freedoms.
God bless this great country.

All the man and woman who paid the ultimate price should be remembered every day of the year.

W.W. USS Yosemite AD19 USN 1976/1980

Offline Steve Scott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • Terrorizing earthworms since '65
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 08:49:11 PM »
I was outside this afternoon doing some yard work and heard TAPS being played.  I thought a family member was inside watching a war movie.   Found out later it was a national effort for buglers, trumpeters, cornetists across the land to play TAPS @ precisely 3pm.   As a former BSA troop bugler, I posted my gratitude on our neighborhood social media.   One neighbor replied her 12 year old son participated.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-to-participate-in-steve-hartmans-taps-across-america/

Offline Larry Fernandez

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 09:21:57 PM »
That is so very cool!
You never hear about anything like this in the Commie State of California
No respect for our military and veterans

Offline Oldenginerod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 03:00:11 AM »
On Australia's recent Anzac Day (equivalent to your Memorial Day), all brass players around the country were encouraged to stand at their own front gate and play The Last Post at 6am.  Everyone in the country was encouraged to stand in their driveways and light up the dawn with a candle and pay their respects to veterans, past and present, by holding a minute's silence immediately after The Last Post was played, as people would normally do at community Dawn Services.  I lit the Hurricane Lantern, stood with my family at our front gate and pumped out a recording of The Last Post at 6am on my car stereo.  We are rural, but we could hear feint renditions in the distance.  Very different from the large public gatherings we're used to, but equally as moving.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here