News:

• April 28, 2024, 08:06:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Rusty  (Read 254 times)

Online Robert Whitley

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Happy Birthday Rusty
« on: March 25, 2020, 02:16:52 PM »
Rusty,

Here’s wishing you a very happy birthday and a terrific building and flying year.

You sure deserve it after all that you have been through and all that you do for us by so generously giving so much of your time to make the hangouts happen.

Now that I’m not working due to the health crisis I can maybe have time to finally join you and the gang.

Tip back a cool one cause you’ve sure earned it.

Offline GERALD WIMMER

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
    • Auckland Free Flight Club
Re: Happy Birthday Rusty
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 03:40:39 PM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUSTY!!!  #^ #^ #^
Hope you have a great day with your family
Your services to the control line community with your live chats , videos and contribution to the hobby are much appreciated  H^^

Gerald, Alina , Max and Otto

Offline tom_weedman

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 05:45:21 PM »
Happy birthday Rusty
AMA 63672

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 05:56:28 PM »
Hey, thanks, Bob and Gerald! And Jim Mynes just texted me to say he'd read it here too... And the Weedman checked in while I was typing this, thanks, Tom.

I'm working slowly at getting back in the workshop, and Bob Z. dropped off a bunch of supplies he picked up for me when he swung by Brodak's last weekend. I'm getting myself some new LED lighting for my birthday present, warm weather is arriving, so I'm all set with no more excuses! And if I get to fly this year, it'll be a big win for me.

I enjoy the contributions y'all mention, and thanks to Sparky, who makes that possible by giving me access to the platform of his 'Tube channel and forum to do the show. Y'all keep my head in the game so I don't let my hobby stagnate. I look forward to having you join us, Bob.

Now, about that LED lighting I mentioned... I've been looking at HF, Tractor Supply, and Lowes online for good replacements for those flickering old fluorescent tubes. I'm open to any suggestions y'all might have for direct replacements for the anemic twin tube 48" units I have now. I want it BRIGHT and WHITE!

Thanks for thinking of me.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Online John Skukalek

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 08:13:06 PM »
Happy Happy Birthday Rusty!  Thanks for all that you do.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 08:30:32 PM »
Hey Rusty, HAPPY BIRTHDAY.    I just seen this.

Now the LED light you will kick your self for not getting one sooner.  My daughter hung mine for me that I got at Harbor Freight using their 30% off coupon.  I had her hang it as I kept trying to fall off the step ladder.  It does brighten things up a lot.  Want to get another to replace the other light in the shop.   D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 08:40:04 PM »
Hi, Skuke. Hi Doc. Thanks for the HBD wishes. And I'll look through my HF coupons and see what I can find.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 09:01:50 PM »
Hey, thanks, Bob and Gerald! And Jim Mynes just texted me to say he'd read it here too... And the Weedman checked in while I was typing this, thanks, Tom.

I'm working slowly at getting back in the workshop, and Bob Z. dropped off a bunch of supplies he picked up for me when he swung by Brodak's last weekend. I'm getting myself some new LED lighting for my birthday present, warm weather is arriving, so I'm all set with no more excuses! And if I get to fly this year, it'll be a big win for me.

I enjoy the contributions y'all mention, and thanks to Sparky, who makes that possible by giving me access to the platform of his 'Tube channel and forum to do the show. Y'all keep my head in the game so I don't let my hobby stagnate. I look forward to having you join us, Bob.

Now, about that LED lighting I mentioned... I've been looking at HF, Tractor Supply, and Lowes online for good replacements for those flickering old fluorescent tubes. I'm open to any suggestions y'all might have for direct replacements for the anemic twin tube 48" units I have now. I want it BRIGHT and WHITE!

Thanks for thinking of me.
Rusty

Hi Rusty;
   Happy Birthday to you. As far as LED tubes, I got mine at a place called Superbriteled.com. They are actually located near me, so I was able to look them up. If you have fixtures already, you can retrofit the correct tubes by eliminating the ballasts, and wiring to the sockets. Shope around a liottle bit where you live. The tubes I got were powered on one end, and rated at 50,000 hours. There are all sorts of them out there in different kinds of light, day light and cool light and stuff like that Lumens ratings all over the place. Check out the places you mentioned plus electrical supply houses plus the internet. The tubes I got were about 7 bucks a piece or less, and I got enough to replace every tube in my house including basement. They are easy to rewire and they make the fixtures a lot lighter also. Do a search on the forums as this has been discussed several times at length. They helped out my garage so much I was able to leave out one whole fixture!
    Type at you later,
     Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Online Robert Whitley

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 09:52:56 PM »
If you have t8 sized electronic ballasts you can get direct led replacement tubes that just plug in. No rewiring needed.
I replaced about thirty of the old flo tubes three or four years ago and what a difference.

In my small shop/ paint room I went with the led strip lighting in the tube style fixtures and they are even better than the tube style leds.

You’re going to think you got new eyes when you experience the change from any old school lighting.

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 05:51:19 AM »
Happy Birthday, Rusty! And, your "present" (you know what I mean) is in the mail today.

Later - Bob Hunt

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here