News:

• April 25, 2024, 10:49:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Halftime Entertainment  (Read 1427 times)

Offline Phil Coopy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • SHADE TREE MECHANIC, NO ENGINEER
Halftime Entertainment
« on: March 05, 2006, 05:50:15 PM »
Yesterday my RC club held one of its annual open flyins which is normally all RC.  As CD, I was asked by a couple of my C/L PAMPA buddies if they could fly at the event since it was advertised as "open to all propeller aircraft". Well, because of the parking arrangements covering half of the grass C/L circle we decided finally to have them demo a couple of flights for the crowd on our 80ft wide runway.  I want to tell you that the crowd response was outstanding (as the flyers were).  The wind was getting bad enough that some of the RC guys were standing down but Bob Robertshaw plowed through the sequence as if it was calm. The comments after the show were just great.

I think that there is a good example here of an opportunity to  promote C/L and PAMPA that could be useful to all of us.  If your local RC club is having an event give the CD a call and ask him if you can put on a demo.  You my end up with another site to fly at.

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Halftime Entertainment
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 06:35:30 PM »
at the rc club i belong to ( i fly c/l only) they have a policy that gets you $25 off the annual dues if you work ten hours at the club during events or work parties. for the last two years i've gotten my discount by flying c/l demos at r/c events. i put in more time than that but i only take credit for the demo flights. it's fun.

we've been flying c/l at the club for 5 or 6 years and every year we play a larger role in club activities. we're staging our second annual c/l stunt contest in june. we also have an annual c/l fly-in.
several times a year we have a kids night and this year we are including 1/2a control line fkights for the kids.

at first there was a little friction combining the two disciplines in such close proximity. but for the last several years the r/c and c/l guys have been working together very well. we've gone from being begrudged a corner to fly in to being an added attraction.
Frank Carlisle

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here