News:

• May 06, 2024, 01:58:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Guess the Tank Size .  (Read 497 times)

Offline Air Ministry .

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Guess the Tank Size .
« on: September 12, 2023, 02:42:51 AM »
Any advice on the juice required for the 6 1/2 minutes odd , on Old OS max 15s . 702 mufflers . Old Nylon T Flite 8x4 or 9x4 props .
72 inch , Bob Hunt / Juno / ish airfoil , so fairly low drag . Should be 76 ounce at last guess , 80 max. Which is only 20 per engine .  :-\

CANT FATHOM PICTURES WITH THE NEW PHONE . Is near FINISHED , As we speak .  :o Final ? Paint , just tanks & Landig Gear undone .
Pictures here from 2019 !  So we have manadged to get ' a bit ; done in the interveening period . In fits and starts . Just About Finished .    :P

Computor aligned nacelles . Er , Sticks & Rulers ! ?  You can see the INNER ( No 1 ) has the leading edge angled INTO the Tank ,  5 cm out there 5 cm twixt for length . Thats It .

So do I do a deep one - not to happy past 25 deep . The  cylinder fins are 28 mm diameter ( 2.8 cm  ) Tanks and landing gear to go, now . Pity it has to have wheels .

The Angry End .

Has sophisticated intems like Adj. leadouts & tip weight box , Figured with all the cylinders aimed outboard no 'initial '  Wt. in THERE .  %^@

So we can see  does  has wingtips , and a Airfoil . A touch of Diheadral on the outer wing panels .  Explains the leadout hight .

Four years iis a bit longer than the sometimes Two Weeks , Better late than never . Would like to get the shedule - Not ran a 70's OS 15 , so Im in the dark , as to how much fuels needed . Thanks .

Just so as theres No Mistake . theyre These .
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 06:48:34 AM by Air Ministry . »

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Guess the Tank Size .
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 07:55:20 AM »
I run 15's a lot.  I would guess 2 ounces per engine.

But if I were the person building the four engine monster I would:

1. Run the engine on a test stand with a measured tank.

2. When you think you have the answer build and fly a simple one-engine test model. 

If I build another multi-engine unthrottled model (unlikely) I will run all the tank vents to common fuel shutoff so I can end the punishment when one of more engines go sour. 
Paul Smith

Online Steve Lotz

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 04:36:58 AM »
What is that? A Halifax?

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2023, 09:31:51 PM »
Handley Page Halifax Mk III , technically . Round engines - square fins square wing tips . .

Built it as a Test ship ' for a Avro Lancaster .  S?P

Power / weight / airfoil  etc etc . The Wing planforms near identical . Suppose I could try a OS on a built combat wing or goodyear , butas 2 Oz is about what Id get on that inner - think I'll go the 2 Ounce ,
and suffer if to short . Theres a few weird ways to do simultaeneous cut out tanks , Solid baffle aft half across , or wierd chicken hopper of 7 laps that only fills inverted . A guy here used on a 40 .

Lancs built up fuse . Unstarted .

Heres a short movie . One of the crew say ' " We are fighting to preserve the right to think how we please " or We are fighting so we can think as we please . WHEN I was a kid ,
all the blokes were quite emphatic on that . NOT to SUFFER  being subjegated . Fredom of speach and thought . Tho by this they didnt mean the right to be a degenerate and impose your will on the masses . They meant the right to figure out for themselves wether thay were being fed a load of tripe or otherwise . Seldom took ' annoncements '
at face value . Such as ' Charge those machine guns '
The 1916 Somme offensive was one of the largest and bloodiest battles of the First World War (1914-18). The opening day of the attack, 1 July 1916, saw the British Army sustain 57,000 casualties, the bloodiest day in its history. The campaign finally ended in mid-November after an agonising five-month struggle that failed to secure a breakthrough.

Heres me , third from right ,  the Pilot figuring out if i might fly the aeroplane on the take off .  :) Theres a lot of water about untill its on the ' plane . Waiheke Island ,  about 1963 .

« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 11:31:11 PM by Air Ministry . »

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here