News:

• April 27, 2024, 03:14:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Greatest customer service ever.  (Read 642 times)

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
Greatest customer service ever.
« on: March 20, 2024, 09:55:34 AM »
I have a 1981 Foredom unit with a 39 inch flex shaft and a keyed chuck handpiece.  I use the beast almost daily and it outperforms anything else I have. 
The flex shaft finally broke after all these years, so I emailed Foredom about it, asking for replacement part numbers. This was in the evening after I closed the shop down and even after supper.
Next morning a little after 8:00 I got a phone call from their sales manager wanting all the info off the unit and a couple of pictures.  I sent them and he emailed the link back for the shaft with a few videos of working on them.  All this took place in a day and my new shaft is ordered for a total of 50 bucks counting priority mail!  Talk about service!  (These are close to four hundred new for the whole unit, so I feel I got a bargain.)
We don't find personalized service like this very often any more, so I had to share this with my modeling buddies! H^^
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Greatest customer service ever.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 01:04:56 PM »
Yeap some businesses like to keep their customers happy. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 03:46:27 PM »
i had one put 1,000s of hrs on  porting 2 cycle motorcycle cylinders,i am on my 2nd one that is 23 years old, i use it almost every day. Cant wear it out.
rad racer

Offline Reptoid

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2024, 02:46:33 PM »
     Good to hear they still have great customer service. I have had one for over 30 years and still going strong. I rarely, if ever, use my Dremel since I got the flex shaft Foredom. Variable speed foot control and ability to position tool prior to start-up, in addition to the slim handpiece just makes the Dremel seem bulky and barbaric.
Regards,
       Don
       AMA # 3882

Offline Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2024, 06:39:41 PM »
One thing I should have mentioned, they have some really detailed videos on maintenance and care on their website, including lubricating the flex shaft every so often.  Heck, mine never had been lubed and that's probably why it finally gave out after 53 years of service!  (Heavy service.)
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here