News:

• April 27, 2024, 08:20:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Getta Float .  (Read 722 times)

Offline Air Ministry .

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Getta Float .
« on: April 14, 2017, 05:38:38 AM »
Will upload the other better two , ifnwhen they upload , megawhattis and microfarads and suchlike. presumeably .

This One its lean , presumably the first that day . Was a month ago so just guessing .

Was 8-12 gusts , if your a horticulturalist .

Also pays to be flying a bit to be ' well oiled ' where ive done s f a of late ,
so most of the attention is on trying to get focused .

Its This attempting Aerobics ( with an AT ) , second pic is 1999 , slightly narrower flats .

On a good setting on a good day , its a  pleasure to fly the schedule .
Originally a Topedo 40 Series 71 , unmuffled .

Seems 57 Oz is asd much as it likes , and likes C G at the High point / spar .
So Next try'll likely be the Ser. 1 FP 40 again , toungue muffler .

Upside  down in the sun , the wing almost stays straight , in the pits .
Here it wasnt . one goes up out & aft , so wasnt game to spin it in ,
in the wind .

The slightly more bouant ( 20 %  odd ) floats here dont seem to have the ' weave '
the first narrower ones did . it'd weave in gusts laterlly , and Id thought
wind past 5 knots a dead loss .

Memorable flight was in flat calm , the soke trails in the clover dead parrallel
but a foot or two apart , Id had centre spacing on the handle , ussually
close spacing is par for the course .

Later two shots are better value .
It was rich , I waved the camera man to shut down , then it got a ' vibe ' which leaned it off to just adequate
for what I got up to .
With that and the twist , wasnt after it spinning in from higher .
Hopefully the FP 40 will  even things out nicely & it'll be back on track . Comp last week was dead loss . Lean & gusty .
10 minutes on the Max 40 S on a 5 1/2 Oz Tank . %^@ Was temted to fit the bigger venturie , but the whittled jetsteam
is 1 Oz still , so best lost . Aparently you cant run open exhaust in comps these days .  >:(

Id dumped it in the tide inveted after whipping for two laps at Whitianga round 03 , 24th Jan. !
 OS 40 FSR S in it , up forever in a light wind , plenty of grunt overhead
but weigh (  :-[) nose heavy . So has been deconstructed & refitted

with the wire replaerd. keep em away from SALT WATER .
May Re Rib the wing straight & better aligned as I just threw in new ribs as Regd , before recovering . :P
Take Off & richning out .

The S.o.B. 11 in Ex 12x5 Zinger getsabit of a v i b r a t i o n  , the camera man gets redirected , as she's pulling a bit more now .

will check'n see if its up , later .
The 70 ish OS H 40S is running a 35 C ?? intake . undersize . on suction ( not muffler pressure ) A fined 11 x 5 Z was the std Torp prop , or a 11 x 5 master nylon .
maybe I should try the correct Std Venturie in herte in it .  >:( ( 3/4 mm bigger )

Its Up. GOOD . thats the better one ( engine run , clowning ) took a while , now it mid night here .  >:(

BAHH . wong button ? will sort it tomorrow . FUDGE .
it IS tomorrow . >:( infernal computers, they should be BANNED !

looks like its working now.
pretty losey , Id better sort the aeroplane / engine out . And find a fresh water lake with a jetty 4 in below the surface .
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 09:49:22 AM by Matt Spencer »

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here