News:

• May 28, 2024, 12:16:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flying today.  (Read 516 times)

Offline Gary Dowler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Flying today.
« on: May 04, 2019, 02:52:16 AM »
Met up with Paul Walker today for some coaching and trimming help. My Ringmaster was not doing quite what I hoped it would.
Some of it was the plane. CG issue identified, as well as a stiffness in the elevator. Otherwise it flew fairly well. The rest of the problem was a rather loose nut holding the handle. He is fixable too. Lol!! 

Took the elevator off tonight trying to identify the source of the stiffness and an odd squeak sound. Found it. 3 of the 4 hinges were incredibly stiff, one of them producing a very pronounced squeak.  After pulling the bad hinges out, I held one out horizontally, and could set a 9V battery, weighing 45 grams, on the end of it without any change in deflection.

It's all fixed now!  Well, the plane is, the nut at the handle still needs work......

Gary
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
Re: Flying today.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 09:33:49 PM »
The altered Ringmaster was back up today. Very different animal!  Much lighter controls for one.  Also rebalanced it and saw a marked improvement in pitch response.  Always been afraid of a tail heavy plane. The new adjustable handle solved much of this by slowing down control inputs.
4 flights today, and the best 4 of my second life as a flier.

Gary

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 10:21:03 PM »
Met up with Paul Walker today for some coaching and trimming help.

Crikey , He'll be walking on water next .  VD~ S?P   LL~ LL~ All right for some of us , isnt it .  S?P

One could do a lot worse I should think .Itll be Beverly Hils , Hollywood next .  ;D ??? :o :X

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 11:20:20 PM »
Crikey , He'll be walking on water next .  VD~ S?P   LL~ LL~ All right for some of us , isnt it .  S?P

One could do a lot worse I should think .Itll be Beverly Hils , Hollywood next .  ;D ??? :o :X

Matt, I don't think Hollywood is Paul's scene .....LOL!!!

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 06:02:20 PM »

If you look close in the background , just to the left of Paul, you can make out my red Ringmaster.

Gary

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here