News:

• May 13, 2024, 08:10:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flying in Fort Worth  (Read 646 times)

Offline Tom_Fluker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Flying in Fort Worth
« on: January 04, 2024, 03:31:39 PM »
Quick question for those flying in the Fort Worth area.  Where do you go to fly?  I'm going to be in the area in a couple of weeks and want to see if I can get Dad out for a bit.  Will be in the Benbrook area.  Rather not drive over to Garland, but will consider it if there aren't any other options.  A lot is going to depend on timing on my end as well as weather.   

Tom

Online Jim Svitko

• Captain
Re: Flying in Fort Worth
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 04:17:00 PM »
There is a control line circle at Greater Southwest Aeromodellers club.  The site is on Randol Mill Road, just east of East Loop 820 (northeast side of town).  That site is about a half hour drive from Benbrook.

Offline Tom_Fluker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 06:39:42 PM »
There is a control line circle at Greater Southwest Aeromodellers club.  The site is on Randol Mill Road, just east of East Loop 820 (northeast side of town).  That site is about a half hour drive from Benbrook.

Thanks!!!  I thought I had heard you had a place closer to home than Garland.  Let's see what the travel plans and weather do.

Online Jim Svitko

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 07:17:09 PM »
There are only two dedicated CL sites I know of around here:  the DMAA site in Garland and the Greater Southwest club site.  There was talk a few years ago about establishing some CL activity at the Fort Worth Thunderbirds RC site (at Lake Benbrook) but nothing ever came of that.  Some of us went out there to check the area that the club wanted to turn into a CL circle.  It would have taken quite a bit of work to smooth out that ground to make it useful.  I guess the club officers gave up on the idea, probably due to very small interest as well as the cost of improving the area enough to prevent tearing the landing gear out.

Similar situation at a club about 30 miles southwest of Fort Worth.  Some wanted to put in a CL circle but it has been about two years now since that idea surfaced and nothing has happened yet.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here