News:

• May 07, 2024, 01:57:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flew the new VSC-20 bound Ringmaster today  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Flew the new VSC-20 bound Ringmaster today
« on: November 18, 2007, 03:41:04 PM »
This morning Larry Renger and I went flying and it was the moment of truth for the new Ringmaster I built for VSC-20.  Things went very well, the first flight the motor was a bit lean and I just kept my cool until it ran out of fuel.  On the second flight I opened up the NVA until I had a nice four cycle, the plane felt just great so I went ahead and did the entire pattern.  This Ringmaster is so much better than the old Sterling kits that if it were not for the looks you wouldn't ever think they were the same plane.  Eric Rule at RSM, man let me tell you the Ringmaster is a winner. I would also like to send a thank you to Scott Reise, he tuned up the McCoy .35 and to say the least it just purrs through the pattern.  Here are some pictures taken this morning.  This is the first plane I have put silkspan on in more years than I can remember, but it does build light.  The entire plane less fuel came out at just under 28ozs.
Andy
Andrew B. Borgogna

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Flew the new VSC-20 bound Ringmaster today
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 04:23:56 PM »
Pretty neat Andy!

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 05:28:14 PM »
As noted, I was there, I saw it. I want one!  Got 4 Fox .35s and a Saito 30 that could go on it!  Errrrricccc, save me a kit! #^
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Bill Adair

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 05:44:11 PM »
Andy,

That is so nice!  H^^

One of my favorite C/L airplanes just gets better.

Now, if this old fart would just do the same.  HB~>

Bill
Not a flyer (age related), but still love the hobby!

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 06:16:58 PM »
Looks Kewl Andy!!

How did you paint the wing.
I like the yellow.

Paul H^^
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 06:59:04 PM »
Andy,
That airplane looks pretty good and the weight is decent as well.  Get a practice flight or two in at the field before the event starts.  I was pretty amazed at the way mine slide through a hard corner that would have been no problem in the fine 20° Michigan air (it is about 1 oz heavier than yours).  Keep the flipper on low rate (will turn tighter without stalling) and have a good time.
John
John Paris

Offline Andrew Borgogna

• Andy
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 09:03:42 AM »
Thanks everybody, John it was your Ringmaster this past year that got me turned on to build one for VSC I look forward to seeing you there next year.  I will take your advice and get in a couple of practice flights before the competition starts.  Regarding the wings, they are dyed silkspan and dyed dope.  Four coats of nitrate and two coats of buterate.  I give Eric Rule more credit for the weight than myself.  RSM delivers light kits, Eric is very picky about wood and he offers an even lighter version of the Ringmaster that really builds light.  I opted for the regular version.  Anyway now to get the Lil' Zilch finished.  I am in the covering stage I will post some pictures soon.
Take Care
Andy
Andrew B. Borgogna

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 06:41:07 PM »
Andy,
I don't have VSC in my near term future as it is quite an ordeal to make it out there.  Maybe after the chicks leave the nest (10 years or so) the little woman and I can make the trek out there.  I am sure that it will still be going.  Good luck and keep the smile on your face...remember, we are doing this for fun.
John
John Paris

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here