News:

• May 07, 2024, 01:28:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fireballs Stunt clinic  (Read 947 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Fireballs Stunt clinic
« on: May 12, 2009, 10:46:53 AM »
I would like to openly thank Don Mc Clave, Paul Walker, Howard Rush and Scott Riese for the help in running the stunt clinic  at Delta park last Saturday. Thanks guys and a job well done. H^^ H^^ H^^ H^^
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 11:03:41 AM by Leo Mehl »

Online Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Fireballs Stunt clinic
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 12:33:55 PM »
Me?  I was just a student. 

It was a good session.  Don McClave gave a talk telling us what to look for, then we watched some Expert-class fliers do stunt patterns, and Paul or Don led the discussion about each maneuver.  I learned that I am incompetent as a stunt judge.  For one thing, my short-term memory will not store an entire maneuver.  I learned some stuff that will help my flying:  one gets scored for takeoff and level flight, for example.  Thanks to the Portland posse for putting on the clinic. 
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 05:05:05 PM »
Me?  I was just a student. 

It was a good session.  Don McClave gave a talk telling us what to look for, then we watched some Expert-class fliers do stunt patterns, and Paul or Don led the discussion about each maneuver.  I learned that I am incompetent as a stunt judge.  For one thing, my short-term memory will not store an entire maneuver.  I learned some stuff that will help my flying:  one gets scored for takeoff and level flight, for example.  Thanks to the Portland posse for putting on the clinic. 
There was also racing and does anyone have a report on how that went?

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 06:00:01 PM »
There was also racing and does anyone have a report on how that went?

Mark Martin won!  LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 09:33:45 PM »
Mark Martin won!  LL~ Steve
I didn't know you had relatives down here! I couldn't find the pop up finger!!! LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~

Offline Bill Heher

• Fix-it
  • 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
  • I may not always BOM- but I do the re-builds!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 01:42:21 AM »
I bet Mark Martin could get the hang of  Sport Race pretty easy, find the groove, go fast in a left circle ( except for Leo), stop for gas and see who gets there first!

To even things out - I bet Leo would win if they all had to ride bikes and make right and left hand turns.

On a serious note.. I found the Stunt Judging Clinic to be one of the most informative, pratical, useful training sessions I have ever attended. The pre - breifing on the most common / identifible errors seen from the judges point of view was very concise, and set the tone for the whole experience. I learned a bunch in the 1st 15 minutes.

I have had countless hours of training in my professional career, often dealing with subjects I am as comitted to as C/L flying, and this session ranks up there with the best I have recieved from some leading training centers in automotive, aerospace, and semi-conductor industries. Real time feedback and practical excersise on the skill being trained is what works for me, we got all that plus top grade demonstrations to evaluate in the package =Success!

I want to add my thanks to all the people who took the time to come and enlighten us what it takes to do this task. It is soooo much harder than I imagined, and my hat is off to everyone who volunteers to take it on. 

Still Smiling in PDX!!!

Bill Heher
Central Florida and across the USA!
If it's broke Fix-it
If it ain't broke- let me see it for a minute AMA 264898- since 1988!

Offline Richard Entwhistle 823412

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 05:30:32 AM »
Leo

Too many people were sick to get a race together.  Doug had the only plane out there, so he won.

Richard
Richard Entwhistle 823412
Scappoose OR

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here